Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Scarlett Ashby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 02:32 AM
    shabby chic furniture
    I have 6X dark pine chairs and I want to make them look shabby chic and clean white. Please can you advise what the method is. Do I simply paint them white, then sand them down? Would appreciate your help. Many thanks.
    Mommy2gio Posts: 39, Reputation: 2

Mar 13, 2007, 01:40 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlett Ashby
    I have 6X dark pine chairs and I want to make them look shabby chic and clean white. Please can you advise what the method is. Do i simply paint them white, then sand them down? Would appreciate your help. Many thanks.
    You can sand them down and apply a crackle paint and then apply your white paint over that. Gives it a cool look. If you don't want the wood to be the part that shows through then use another shade like cream or something as the base before you apply the crackle.

Good luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furniture companies [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there. I have a question about the top ten furniture companies in the USA. Does anyone know who are the top ten furnitute companies in the USA? Or does anyone know where I can find this information on the web? Thank you.

Making furniture look old [ 3 Answers ]

I want to paint my bedroom furniture white and make it looked aged but I bought stuff at wal-mart to make it look crackled and I made a mess. What can I do to achieve an aged look on my furniture?

Anchor furniture down [ 1 Answers ]

I have a pool with a vinyl liner and would like to anchor the outdoor chairs and table furniture down. How do I do this on cement we get alt of wind and I do not want the furniture to blow into the pool with a vinyl liner?

Help me save my furniture! [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone know what I can do to prevent my 3 cats from clawing on my furniture? I have a wonderful pole that one cat uses but not the other 2. Any suggestions for me??

View more questions Search