Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heatherlee24 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 03:15 PM
    Recent surgical tech graduate looking for a job.
    Do veterinary hospitals or vet clinics hire surgical techs? I love animals and was told that they do but have found no one hiring for any of those positions.
    BJS21 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2012, 06:23 AM
    Yes in answer to your question they do, however, it is an extremely tight knit group, and openings do not come easily. As creatures of habit people get used to familiar, and that is not an exception even for doctors. So just hang in there, I live in a rural community, and I have only heard of one such opening in the last five years, and three vets serve our area. So it takes time, I would suggest if they allow it, to volunteer some time, to one of the local vets in your area, and not just observe but get in on cases they'll let you scrub, I have observed some not many, and scrubbed even less, but they are aware that I'm 'available' for a position, :-D and that takes away some of the guess work for them, also if you can be available to take a part-time position during a vacation period for the vet's surg tech, that'll also help some.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recent college graduate... Now what? [ 11 Answers ]

So, here I am, a recent graduate. I finished with a bachelors in psychology. Towards my senior year I decided that I wanted to take a year off to work in my field in order to make sure that I am making the right choice. I decided to work at the University that I graduated from and was very...

Recent cdl-a graduate w/felony seeking an opportunity w/trucking company. [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a recent cdl-a graduate who asks for a 2nd chance to be a productive person of society. My conviction was 20 years ago and seek anopportunity with trucking companies who are willing to hire a recent cdl-a graduate with a felony on his record. What major carriers are giving ex-felons a 2nd...

Recent cdl graduate with a felony 6yrs ago. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my boyfriend has a 6 yr old felony and just graduated from a trucking school. And can't find a job please help. We are in duluth mn...

View more questions Search