Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Judithdoe Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Estate administration
    Estate administration of a trust for a deceased person.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 4, 2012, 01:06 PM
    OK.. please ask your question.

Jan 4, 2012, 01:24 PM
    I need to know if we can cash dividend checks which are in the estate, to pay the taxes on my mothers' house before the estate is settled. The estate is all set up correctly according to lawyer. We are just waiting to sell her house which is in the trust. Taxes due 1/31. Lawyer is not returning calls.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jan 4, 2012, 01:42 PM
    No, once someone is deceased any funds coming in have to go into the estate account. The trust will pay the taxes. They usually pay them at the last minute.

(Of course some little amounts come in; I think I put 3 refunds under $100 total into my bank for accounts I was paying anyway.)

Jan 4, 2012, 02:33 PM
    OK, But if the TRUST only has Stocks and House in it, what are the taxes be paid with? The dividends (not enough) and will the TRUST have to sell stocks? Or will it come out of the value of the house?
    Should the dividends be deposited into the TRUST? Thus far, while my mother was in the Nursing Home, my sister and I paid the taxes ourselves.
    Can we legally rent this house out to help? This is in NYS and they have laid claim to 31% of this house (not sure when - after sale?)
    I really appreciate this information. I think the lawyer is avoiding us.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Executor of my fathers estate won't answer email questions regarding the estate Help [ 4 Answers ]

The executor of the estate will not return my email questions regarding the estate. Can I contact an attorney? I have sent 5 emails requesting information regarding the timeshare I am suppose to get. I told her if it was appraised too high I did not want. That was 4 months ago. Now she just ignores...

Estate Administration [ 9 Answers ]

I live in Baltimore MD. I am a 25% heir of my grandmothers's estate. Now, the executor auctioned off her house and belongings without filling out the required inventory report. No appraisals were made or anything. The executor never set foot on the property until the day of the auction, nor did...

Probate Administration [ 3 Answers ]

I currently live in Arizona, and just recently found out my mother died whom I never lived with. My grandmother also died and I am the only survivor. The will is in my name along with a co-op (condo like apartment in Queens county New York) I currently don't have 5000 that all the attorneys are...

Problems with Executor of Estate not signing sales contract for real estate [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and I are the beneficiaries of our mothers will. She died when I was 17 and left my sister and I half of her estate, and named her doctor as the executor. I am now 22 and my sister is 20 (21 next month). We all agreed (verbally) to sell the family house to our father for $125k. He...

View more questions Search