Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Mainesnoerider Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 10:26 AM
    Why is cold air blowing out of a duct and what temperature is the cold air?
    I work in a commercial building that has forced hot air. The duct above my desk blows cold air more than hot air. Why is that? Also, what do you believe the temperature of the cold air is that is coming out. I have a temperature reader and it states the "area is 71" but the air that is coming out is very cold.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 4, 2012, 10:32 AM
    I believe its warmer than it feels... because of the wind chill effect from evaporation of body moisture from the moving air. The only way to know what it actually is would be with a thermometer.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold air registers blowing cold air? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm having a problem keeping my home warm, I have a gas furnace... and noticed cold air blowing... I checked the registers, warm air blowing, but the cold air registers had cold air blowing out of them. I have to set my thermostat to over 80, but it only registers around 72 all the time... the...

Philco central heater only blows cold air, and will not stop blowing cold air. [ 0 Answers ]

Philco central heater only blows cold air when it should be blowing hot air. And it will not stop blowing even when I turn off the heat. The fan is not on it is on auto.

Why is my heating return duct blowing cold air [ 2 Answers ]

I have hot air central heat and the return duct is blowing out cold air and at the same time sucking in the room air

Cold Air Registers Blowing Cold Air [ 3 Answers ]

Our cold air registers are blowing cold air worse than if the windows were open. The hot air registers blow cold air but not as forceful (maybe because they are 1/3 the size of the returns) This only happens when the furnace is off and we are heating with the wood stoves. We have metal ducting...

View more questions Search