Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Diam12345 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2012, 07:15 AM
    Do G4 holder need a social security number and can G4 dependent work?
    Hello,

I am beginning a contract within an international organization in Washington DC next month. My boyfriend and I are planning to get married next year. I would already have the G4 visa then, will he be allowed to have a G4 visa too? Will he be eligible to work if I have a one year contract?

I also wonder if I need a social security number because thanks to my status I will not pay taxes... Will I have to pay taxes upon my salary if I get a social security number?

Thank you very much for your reponses,
    Have a nice day!

Check out some similar questions!

Social Security Tax for H1B holder [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently on H1B work visa. When I was on OPT last year & first half of this year, my company did not tax me on social security tax and medicare tax. Now that I am on H1B, my company seems to have forgotten to tax me on social security and medicare. My question is, if I am not taxed for...

Is a dependent L2 visa holder elegiable for a non working Social Security number [ 5 Answers ]

My daughter is a dependent L2 visa holder. She is in the process of applying to colleges. She needs a social security number to apply for a scholarship (FAFSA).She appears as a dependent on my person taxes.She has been assigned a ITIN number We have approched the social security office requesting...

How to get social security number for F1 holder? [ 1 Answers ]

I am an F1 holder, can I get social security number? How and where? Thank you

Mother as a dependent on Social Security [ 2 Answers ]

Mother: My daughter filed me as a dependent on her income tax return 2007. She called IRS and the representative said that she could put me on her tax rebate. When they sent her rebate this morning she only received $900 instead of the full $1200. I am 68 years and I am on Social Security. I would...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.