Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeneric Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 10:30 PM
    Gears on an MTD ride on lawnmower
    My MTD ride on lawn mowers gears stopeed working then started again and now only 6 gear is working any ideas I would really appreciate the help
    jsfocke Posts: 310, Reputation: 37

Jan 4, 2012, 11:53 AM
    You probably need to replace the drive belts. This mower probably uses the two drive belts along with a variable speed pulley to determine the speeds. There is no transmission. Look above the deck to see the upper set of belts. You can also see them if you take the plate off by the shifter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What makes my mtd lawn mower will not change into higher gears? [ 2 Answers ]

What makes my mtd lawn mower will not change into higher gears it moves very slow in 7th gear

When should I charge my ride on lawnmower battery? [ 2 Answers ]

I don't use my ride on lawnmower all winter (like most of us) the batteries are expensive and I want to look after it - and my question is - do I charge the battery every (say) month or so to keep it charged or do I let it go completely flat and charge it when I need to use the mower again? My...

MTD Ride on Mower [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I have a MTD ride on mower which came with the house I have just moved into It used to start and run okay, but now it seems to start and once a load is put on it seems to lose power after awhile and stop. Once it cools down it start s okay and the same thing happens again. Now...

Ride-on Lawnmower will not start [ 1 Answers ]

My ride-on lawnmower, MTD RH115 will not start. The battery is fully charged and the starter is working but the engine is not firing up. Any suggestions as to how to rectify the situation are very welcome. Regards Dave

View more questions Search