Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    raziakhan Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 09:40 PM
    Help wanted
    My niece ran away with a boy and got her nikah done in a masjid, the next day when we came 2 know, we brought her back home, now she has realised her mistake and wants khula from this boy, but the boy is refusing 2 sign, so what should we do what are the steps that need to be taken. The girl is in dubai and the boy is in india. Kindly advise.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 4, 2012, 08:36 PM
    You must seek legal counsel to settle this, possibly before a judge.
    mudassir01 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2012, 02:38 AM
    Khula is the right of a woman in Islam to seek a divorce or separation from her husband. A Muslim woman may petition a qadi to grant her divorce if the husband refuses. The waiting period (iddah) of a woman who seeks a divorce is one menstrual cycle or one month if she is post-menopause i.e. ceased menstruating. This is to ensure she is not pregnant. If the woman is pregnant, then the waiting period is until she gives birth. There is still the need for witnesses when seeking a khula as in a talaq.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nobody wanted to believe me [ 30 Answers ]

I have been saying this for years and now it is going to be happening but of course those who didn't believe me STILL will not believe the significance or that I have been saying for years that this would happen. Swine flu vaccine recipients could be tracked with RFID bracelets using Big...

I only wanted one but now I have two! [ 9 Answers ]

First of all, hello everyone. Its been awhile since I've been here and hope all is well with those I used to talk to. Ok, so I have a bit of a confusing situation going on. I finally got over my last train wreck of a relationship and decided it was time to move on with life. I had been...

Wanted to know how [ 3 Answers ]

Wanted to know how to give the birth moter of my two kids full custody

View more questions Search