Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Natedogg Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 09:16 PM
    Furnace Blower Motor
    I am replacing my blower motor. My question is when replacing it do I have to get exactly what the label has on it because I'm having trouble finding the exact numbers online? I am looking for 4HP, 115V, 60HZ, 6.3A, 1050/850RPM. It was made by Franklin Electric unfortunately it looks like they do not carry them anymore. Is there any number I can be flexible on as long as I am pretty close?

Thanks,

Nate
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 12, 2007, 10:01 PM
    The only number that isn't too important is 6.3A. You need 115v because that's what you have as a supply voltage. The RPM is important because it determines your volume of air. I'd stay close or on the money with the HP too. You should be able to get a motor on line without too much difficulty. Try this site for more info toad.net/~jsmeenen/motor.html

Feb 12, 2007, 10:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1
    The only number that isn't too important is 6.3A. You need 115v because thats what you have as a supply voltage. The RPM is important because it determines your volume of air. I'd stay close or on the money with the HP too. You should be able to get a motor on line without too much difficulty. Try this site for more info toad.net/~jsmeenen/motor.html
    Thanks that site is very informative. I have another question on the label it lists 4hp. Does that mean 4 horsepower? The highest I am finding is 1hp, 3/4, 1/2 and below?

Nate

Feb 14, 2007, 08:35 AM
    4 hp does mean 4 horsepower and that does not sound correct for a blower. Any chance a number has worn off, could it have been 1/4 and now only the 4 remains.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 14, 2007, 08:47 AM
    Yeah, that 4 HP sounded suspecious to me. A 4 HP motor would draw a lot more 6.3 amps.
    manna1083 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2007, 09:07 AM
    I have an intertherm Furnace in a 2003 1600sq manufactured home... this thing is very noisey! Any suggestions

Feb 15, 2007, 07:01 AM
    I looked at it again and it does list 4hp. I don't think a number is missing because the label is in very good shape. I wish I could send a picture because I took one. Well I am debating whether to have a new furnace installed--bye bye income tax check.

Nate

Feb 15, 2007, 08:30 AM
    A new furnace will cost a lot more than having a pro replace your motor. Pro will have no difficulty installing the correct unit for your application. Good luck

Feb 15, 2007, 09:33 AM
    Thanks for the advise. I'm not getting a new furnace because of the motor I am getting a new furnace because it is way past its life expectancy and it needs a new motor. I know getting the motor replaced is well below the price of getting a new furnace but if I pay for a new motor and the furnace still goes out this winter I'll really be upset. I only entertained the idea of getting a new motor if I could find one under $150 and I could replace it myself.

Nate

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower motor [ 10 Answers ]

I have a Climatrol Furnace, and it stopped working. I called a Heating Co, and the technician said that that the motor was bad, it's and old unit with Climatrol no longer in business. I might be able to find a used motor, but I really need a new furnace. After he left I was reaching in and I was...

Gas Furnace Blower Motor [ 6 Answers ]

I have an old Rheem gas furnace. My fan blower motor stopped working. I had Sears order me a new one. The installer walked away, giving up because he couldn't get the old motor out of the housing. I got it out and installed the new one myself. Everything turns freely. I made the furnace turn on and...

Furnace blower motor problem [ 2 Answers ]

I need some help with a non-working furnace in Colorado. The furnace is an 1988 “Inter-City Products” induced draft furnace in our crawlspace. I thought I smelled a slight burning smell from a vent a day or so before the furnace stopped working. A day or so later, I noticed there was no heat. I...

Furnace blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

A friend asked help about his furnace blower emitting a screeching sound during operation and then just stopped. I went over and tried to rotate the blower by hand - resistance to free rotation was present. Removed the blower assembly and dismantled motor. No lubrication on both motor bushings....

Furnace blower motor not switching off [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old furnace and a new central a/c unit. The other night I realized the blower motor was not shutting off when the thermostat clicked off the a/c. I had to unplug the blower motor . The next day I installed a new thermostat to see if that was the problem. It was not. The blower motor was...

View more questions Search