Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spouf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 07:09 PM
    I feel something touching me in my sleep but there is no one there, what is this?
    I feel something touching me in my sleep but there is no one there, what is this
    terrie731 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 17, 2013, 02:44 PM
    I am touched often, lately even lightly shaken, and I am not yet sleeping, just having my eyes closed. I think I am sensitive to spirit activity. I don't understand why, however. I am bothered by this and confused.
    DarthDay69 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2013, 02:34 PM
    I saw a documentary on what your saying, and this scientist was saying there is a small part of the brain that has a mini seizure sometimes when people are not asleep, but not awake. In that mid zone.
    Endersright Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2013, 12:20 AM
    It is called sleep paralysis. It isn't uncommon at all. What is happening is your brain is waking up while your body is still in REM sleep. This is why you can be awake when this happens. Unlearned people say "I truly believe that this is a spirit that is angry with you because you did something naughty or angered it somehow. My mom is very spiritual and she knows about these things." or some crap like that which just scares people and is counter productive to helping anyone. Vivid hallucinations may be part of this experience. In other words, you perceive an experience of something that is not there. In a broad sense, the hallucinations associated with sleep paralysis can be divided into visual, auditory, olfactory and tactile experiences.
    The visual experience can be quite profound. Many people report seeing the presence of a human figure, often described as being a dark figure, shadow or ghost. This figure may be standing at the bedside, just at the periphery of your vision. Some people report seeing multiple people in the room. Others report that they see flashes, bright colors or lights. Sometimes the visual hallucination can be quite elaborate. For example, some have reported seeing a disembodied hand, a gargoyle, bugs or even a cat. In other cases, the visions are vague, described as being blurry or shimmering or simply having a sense that things are floating.
    Similarly, the experience of auditory hallucinations in sleep paralysis can range from the routine to the bizarre. Many people hear various noises. It is most common for people to hear voices. The language used might seem foreign. There may the perception of whispering, screaming and laughing. Nearly as often, a loud buzzing or static noise is reported, much like the sound of a radio that is on but not tuned to a station. Some people hear breathing, footsteps, knocking or a ringing sound. Even unusual sounds like a horse carriage or growling may be perceived. Sometimes the sounds heard during sleep paralysis are nonspecific, difficult to characterize or not well remembered.
    One of the most often reported phenomena of sleep paralysis is a tactile hallucination, the experience of being touched when you are not. Many people describe feeling a pressure or contact, often sensed as if something or someone is holding them down. Some people with sleep paralysis describe tingling, numbness or a vibrating sensation. Others describe a sense of floating, flying or falling. A few people report feeling chilled or freezing. Less frequently, there may even be a sense that you are being physically moved or dragged from your bed. Some people report sexual contact, including physical sensations involving the genitalia or even rape. Other physical experiences have been reported as well, including a sense of being bitten, bugs crawling on the skin, breathing in the ear or an uncontrolled feeling of smiling.
    Also rarely you may smell things. There is a lot of info out there so just research.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sleep Paralysis associated with Sleep Seizures? [ 4 Answers ]

I've dealt with sleep paralysis ever since I was a kid. As I got older, the "attacks" became more painful, I would feel actual physical pain and could not move or speak. About a few months ago, I could feel myself having little convulsions as I was having this painful sleep paralysis. I would only...

Need sleep, are on stilnox, clinics can cure the addiction but how do I sleep after [ 4 Answers ]

I have been drinking stilnox for three years to sleep, understand I am sort of addictive to it, been to docters, clinics, sleeping facilities, drank herbal medicine, follwed what's called sleep hygience, drank serotonin enhancers, NOTHING works, it's extremely difficult to get stilnox here and...

Why am I afraid to sleep I feel as if I'm being watched like its behind but not [ 2 Answers ]

I'm a sinner I know that and everywhere I turn is says to pray, I have prayed but it doesn't help I think it just make it angry and its getting more and more noticeable I can't go 5 min without jumping because I feel like it right there and I think my dog notices it because it will just start...

Touching myself in my sleep? [ 12 Answers ]

So, it was about 3 months ago maybe it was brought to my attention, I touch myself in my sleep. I have no idea why I am doing this. At first, my boyfriend was pissed. He thought he didn't please me in bed. Which is Definitely not the issue! :) Last night I fell asleep before him and he told me this...

Dogs sleep walking and urinating in their sleep? [ 1 Answers ]

My dog is 14. She has urinated in her sleep three times. But the last one concerned me... she got up frantically and ran around the room, then into the wall. It startled her and she laid down and began urinating. I was looking at her and its like she didn't even realize she was doing it. She then...

View more questions Search