Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babyboyzz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 03:49 PM
    Do I still have to pay child support if I sign over my rights?
    I have a restraining order against me am I still able to see my kids and if so how do I go about doing that
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 3, 2012, 04:11 PM
    There are two vastly different questions here. In the title you ask about signing over your rights and in the body, you ask about visitation.

First, you are laboring under a fantasy if you think you will be allowed to sign over rights. Not going to happen. Only a court can terminate rights and they won't to let a parent out of paying support.

For the second question we need to know WHY you have a restraining order. It may or may not allow you to see your children. It may require supervised visits. So first we need to know why. Finally, ANY question on law needs to include your general locale as laws vary by area.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If I sign over my rights, do I have to pay child support? [ 3 Answers ]

Will I have pay child support if I sign over the rights to my 3 kids? I haven't been able to find a job in about 2 years, and my child support is racking up. Any time I get a job u percent of it goes to my child support and late fees. I'm unable to support myself and am currently homeless because...

If I sign my rights over do I still have to pay child support? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay so my babies daddy and I have had 4 kids together. And instead of paying child support I have two kids and he has two. We live 10 minutes away from each other so we switch and take turns on the weekends taking all four so the kids can be together on the weekends. We are not together. He is...

If I sign over my rights do I still have to pay child support [ 2 Answers ]

If I sign over my rights do I still have to pay child support

Can I sign over rights and not pay child support? [ 2 Answers ]

I found out a year after my son was born that he was mine. So I had to start paying child support and back child support. Then she was calling wanting me to be in his life so I said yes. She called the law and said I was going to cut her and the baby's neck so they put an order of protection were I...

View more questions Search