Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PortPhotos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Calculate year ago sales from current sales and percent change
    I know this years sales and the % change over Last Year ( it is down) how do I find Last Years sales?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 4, 2012, 09:18 AM
    Start with the formula for percentage change from one year to the next. If we let be the initial value, and be the value one year later, then the change in sales expressed as a percent of the initial value is then:

So if you know the percent change p and the value for you can rearrange this to get:

For example: if and then

You can check this by substituting this value for back into the first equation and see if it agrees:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

When calculating cost of sales percent do you use sales before discounts or after? [ 1 Answers ]

When calculating cost of sales on a financial statement do you use sales before discounts of after discounts?

Percent of sales method [ 4 Answers ]

Use the percent of sales method to forecast next yera's accounts payable. Current year sales are $24,500,000 and sales are expected to rise by 25%. The firm's accounts payable balance is $1,701,600. What is the projection for next year's accounts payable?

Percent of cost of sales to sales [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find the percent of cost of sales to sales.

Percent of cost of goods sold to Company sales [ 1 Answers ]

How do you compute the cost of goods sold to company sales for the year 20?2 to 20?3 and tell if the trend is favorable?

View more questions Search