Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tuankhuu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 11:21 AM
    Find insurance carrier by policy number?
    I have a policy number but don't have insurance information or phone number
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2012, 11:32 AM
    You have a real problem then... how did you get a policy without knowing who you was buying it from? THe Bills you would have paid would have had that info and address.
    tuankhuu Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 3, 2012, 11:41 AM
    Oh its because a friend of mines got into a car accident and she only have the policy number
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2012, 02:03 PM
    She got the number but didn't get the name of the person or what insurance company?

She could try calling the other person... (did she at least get their information?) and ask them.

Or the hard way, start calling differenct insurance companies and find out if the number is one of theirs... I'm not talking insurance brokers... but actual insurance companies.

I don't know how many actual insurance companies you have where you are... but here in the USA for example most automotive Insurance policies are issued by only about a dozen or so actual companies... but sold by tens of thousands of insurance agents/brokers. Calling the companies themselves might get results. Particularly since she should ne able to give the make and model of the car and registration number and even better the VIN.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 02:09 PM
    What country is this, rules may differ. Was there a police report, who was the other driver, have you called them and asked the name of their company

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I find my insurance policy number? [ 0 Answers ]

rahul jaiswal date of birth 28/12/1983 add.3/4b/1 satkari mitra lane kolkata=700054

Find insurance carrier by policy number [ 1 Answers ]

What insurance company uses policy number apv040178001

Finding Insurance Carrier by policy number [ 7 Answers ]

I had a beligerent person back into me and they were not cooperative in providing information. I got them to show me the insurance card and I got the policy number and person's name, but not the carrier name... Is There any way to find the company name from the policy number?

View more questions Search