Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Franklyfrank Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 07:21 PM
    Civic transmission lubricant
    I need to know what is the transmission lubricant capacity of a 1998 Honda Civic DX, 5 speed manual transmission. I want to change out the lubricant in the transaxle, and I need some idea of how much lubricant to buy. :)
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2007, 07:29 PM
    Usually, these transaxles use 1.9 qts.
    badpenny Posts: 73, Reputation: 3

Feb 13, 2007, 03:39 PM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2004 Honda Civic LX Automatic transmission problems [ 6 Answers ]

MY 04 Honda civic has been making ticking/clicking sound. It doesn't make the sound when the car is idle. Or when the clutch is pressed on. Only when the clutch is released. As the car goes faster the sound gets faster. People are telling me it may be the throw out bearing but wouldn't it be...

Transmission Fluid check for 94 Honda Civic [ 1 Answers ]

Is it possible that the transmission fluid level needs to be checked when the vehicle is shut off? I have check while running ion park and the entiore dipstick is covered, up to the rubber plug. However, when the engine is off (engine hot) there is no fluid on the dip stick. The Haynes manual...

94 Civic manual transmission syncro trouble [ 1 Answers ]

This is the second of a 2-part question. Thanks txgreasemonkey for so clearly answering the first. I believe I've used the wrong oil in my manual transmission resulting in some issues with my syncros (clicks when going from 1->2 or 2->3 gears). - Would replacing the oil with the correct type...

94 Civic Manual Transmission Oil Weight [ 1 Answers ]

I've got a 94 Civic DX 4-door with a manual transmission. I'm going to change the transmission fluid and my Haynes manual call for 10W-30 weight standard engine oil. It seem a little light weight (my pickup uses 90 weight) and I'm wondering if my crap Haynes manual is wrong. What weight oil is...

View more questions Search