Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Reno74 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 07:55 PM
    I have a 2003 cal spa with no heat. It is a 5000 series controller with an xl heater.
    I have 120 volts at both lugs of the heater. Should I assume the element is bad? It is supposed to have a lifetime warranty but I have read bad things about cal spas service. Anybody have any ideas?
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Jan 3, 2012, 09:42 AM
    If this is a 240v heater, you can actually assume the heater is good. If it is a 240v heater, you need to test for 240v between the two lugs (any other way you test it tells you nothing and is an incorrect way to test).

Jan 4, 2012, 12:02 PM
    Hi Dr Spa, thanks for the info, I got the heater working bu it seems to be heating very slowly. In 90 min. it has only gone from 59 deg. To 66 deg. I am going to watch it but it just seems slow, any advise or info would help out. Thanks.
    Dr_Spa Posts: 101, Reputation: 13

Jan 4, 2012, 12:13 PM
    7 degrees in 1-1/5 hours falls within the specs of most spas. Without knowing the rating of the actual heater you have, the gallonage of the spa, it's impossible to do any specific heating calculations.

Jan 4, 2012, 04:35 PM
    O k, thanks, it has been 4 1/2 hours since my last reply and is at 89 now so as long as it keeps working I am good with it. Thanks again.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cal Spa not heating [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I have a Cal Spa. I do not know the model though, but we have had it since 1999. Recently the hot tub has not been heating up. The pump will run, but the heater will not turn on. The heating light on the digital screen is not on even though I adjust the temperature. I have been looking up...

PS2-F cal spa [ 0 Answers ]

I have a cal spa Model PS2-F I was needing to know if there is a manual I can download somewhere for it! And I also need to know if this type of motor is just one speed or if it is two speeds?

Cal spa heater [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 1999 cal spa just got it and got it up and running tonight. The pump runs fine but the only time the heater light is on is when the pump is running is that normal?

Cal spa 5000 heater not working? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Cal Spa 5000 and it was manufactured in 2003. It will not heat up and the jets are running with the thermos stat set to 100 degrees . I have turned the power on and off but still have no heat. Thanks

Any hints on moving a cal spa ps-2? [ 0 Answers ]

I am moving a cal spa PS-2. I don't have a manual and think I need to remove the pump and heater. Any pointers? Thanks, jim

View more questions Search