Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    csico Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 05:52 PM
    Kenmore dryer squeaking like crazy
    I just a 1970 home that came with a 1970 electric kenmore dryer. It is squeaking like crazy. What can I do besides call a priest?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 12, 2007, 07:30 PM
    First off, congrats on getting 37 years out of anything now adays. The dryer sits on rollers and the rollers can go bad. You can't just oilthem because they usually are sealed bearings, replace them. You belt has a tensioner that uses a spring to keep tension on the belt. The tensioner bearing can also be replaced. Some new Sears models skip the tensioner bearing altogether and use a teflon skid. Well that did not last too long and the replacement kits now has bearings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Older GE dryer squeaking & shrieking [ 3 Answers ]

Hello all, I have an older top loading GE Heavy Duty dryer. It's making God awful squeaking, very high pitched and terrible on the ears when being run. I've read over the previous posts on the subject.. how do I know if it's the belt or the bearing? There's no way I can afford a professional...

GE Dryer still squeaking after replacing parts [ 1 Answers ]

I have a GE Electric Dryer model number DSXR453EV0WW It was making this aweful squeaking noise constantly and we found the felt in with our clothes, well part of the felt. After doing some research we decided to do some repairs ourselves. We put in new felt, a new bearing drum, and a new belt....

Kenmore dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a simple question--I know that my dryer relay on my kemore dryer is bad--however I have no idea where it is? Model number 11060932990--part 2 this is the second time in 2 years that is has gone bad any reason why? My dryer vents to the outside about 3-4 feet--new construction home?

Gibson dryer squealing/squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a gibson dryer that recently has started to squeak/squeal when it first starts drying a load of laundry. As the load gets dry the noise gradually gets less. Could this be a belt issue and is this an easy fix? Thanks for any info in advance:confused:

Frigidaire Dryer squeaking [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Frigidaire dryer Model# FDE797IEWI. The dryer squeaks, mostly when starting and for the first few minutes while operating

View more questions Search