Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    confuesd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 2, 2012, 12:58 PM
    Is a daily bonus working overseas listed as per diem taxable
    I work overseas on a 28 days on ansd 28 days off. The days I am out of the country I get a daily bonus which is listed on my check as per diem, which my co. Also holds taxes out on. I have been told per diem is non taxabl will I get this back on income tax
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Jan 2, 2012, 02:14 PM
    If you are working in the job for LESS than one year, the per diem COULD be considered non-taxable, depending on your company's position.

However, if you have worked in the job for MORE than one year, then, for sure, the per diem IS taxable income.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is per diem taxable? [ 18 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me if per diem is taxable? My brother took a job this past year and half his salary is per diem, as he travels daily. He receives a monthly expense allotment for which he submits receipts. His per diem is for meals and accommodations only. Of course, he has asked me to...

When does Per Diem become taxable? [ 3 Answers ]

When does Per Diem become taxable to a contractor? I have told it is after one year but I cannot find anywhere on the IRS web-site or in any publications.

Is Per Diem Taxable? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a contract worker who has worked and lived out of state for just over a year. I have received a per diem of 2/3's of hourly pay rate for my out of state living expenses. The W-2 that I received only reports the 1/3 that was taxed. I am responsible to pay federal tax on the per diem?

Is per diem taxable when out of state working [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, let me rephrase that, I am working in Georgia, on a construction job working for a contractor in Idaho, I would like to know what the taxes would be on $3000 claiming 4 dependants. I need to know if you can break it down for me , FICA, SS,FED. Thank you

Is per diem taxable when out of state working [ 1 Answers ]

This is my situation, I am working out of state and I am receiving $50 a day per diem for food, etc... is this taxable? I alos would like to know how much tax would be taken out of $3000?

View more questions Search