Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jan 2, 2012, 04:53 AM
    Anyone with Medical Transcription experience
    My daughter is a single stay at home mom at the moment, my grandson is 6 months old.
    Working outside the home would require expensive day care and I can't help her there because I work a full time job.
    We have been doing a little research re: Medical Transcription training.
    If anyone has experience in that field could you help enlighten us in regard to on line courses vs the actual classroom.
    There appear to be many on line courses available, but what should we look for as far as accreditation, reputation, thoroughness of the courses, etc.
    I only know 1 person who has done this as an home career and she was pretty successful, but I don't know how to contact her now to ask her about it.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    JWN010101 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 28, 2012, 10:06 AM
    If you are still considering medical transcription, I would like to offer an opinion. I have 30 years of experience in this field, having started when my daughter was a baby. At this point in time, medical transcription is a field that is undergoing tremendous change. I would NOT recommend spending any money on a transcription course. Currently there are highly experienced medical transcriptionists out of work due to the government's mandate for EHR (electronic health records) for all facilities/clinicians by 2014. Bonus payments were made to encourage the transition quicker and many have gone to the EHR platforms. Coding would be a better choice for at home work - however, often times companies will not hire new graduates to work at home. Wish I had better news... please feel free to email me at [email protected] if you would like further info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

USB Foot Pedal for Transcription [ 3 Answers ]

Hi All, I need help regarding USB foot pedal. I have Game Port (or midi Port) foot pedals which I need to convert into USB compatible, and I can do it myself. Could anyone please give me IC number of it (if anybody have USB foot pedal). Or inside Circuit Diagram of USB foot pedal (or...

Transcription [ 1 Answers ]

Does transcription occur on the lagging or the leading strand ?

Reverse transcription [ 1 Answers ]

Why do retro viruses perform reverse transcrition

Course -medical transcription [ 1 Answers ]

What is medical transcription Studies related to? Deen

When should I seek medical attention when experience bleeding after intercourse? [ 1 Answers ]

After intercourse, I have experienced bleeding. This has been happening for the paste couple of months. Just recently, I experienced heavy bleeding and it has been happening for about two days. I have made an appointment with my doctor, however it is not for another week. I am wondering if it is...

View more questions Search