Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skeeter5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 05:04 PM
    Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer
    We purchased new Whirlpool Cabrio Washer & Dryer set from Sears. The washer has worked fine, but the dryer has not. The dryer was delivered and had a small dent on the front of the door. When we put clothes in the dryer and start it, the dryer is extremely loud. It sometimes has a piercing sound, that a Sears rep. said was a wet sensor and was supposed to be that way. The motor runs extremely loud also. This $800.00 Whirlpool dryer is much louder than my 12 year old $300.00 Kenmore Dryer that I just got rid of. Has anyone else had this problem? We just don't know if it is a common problem or somehow our dryer got banged up in the delivery and now has problems.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 12, 2007, 10:14 PM
    Call Sear back and tell them you want a new machine or a tech guy who can fix the machine. Did you read anything about a wet sensor when you bought the macine? Sometimes Sears is all wet.
    tuckitup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 07:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter5
    We purchased new Whirlpool Cabrio Washer & Dryer set from Sears. The washer has worked fine, but the dryer has not. The dryer was delivered and had a small dent on the front of the door. When we put clothes in the dryer and start it, the dryer is extremely loud. It sometimes has a piercing sound, that a Sears rep. said was a wet sensor and was supposed to be that way. The motor runs extremely loud also. This $800.00 Whirlpool dryer is much louder than my 12 year old $300.00 Kenmore Dryer that I just got rid of. Has anyone else had this problem? We just don't know if it is a common problem or somehow our dryer got banged up in the delivery and now has problems.
    We exchanged the LG front load because no one told us you don't put it in a upstairs laundry room. And now we have a Whirlpool cabrio washer & dryer the dryer makes a load roaring noise. It so load it is hard sleep with the dryer running. Have you contacted whirlpool yet.
    tuckitup Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 19, 2007, 07:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter5
    We exchanged the LG front load because no one told us you won't put it in a upstairs laundry room. And now we have a Whirlpool cabrio washer & dryer the dryer makes a load roaring noise. It so load it is hard sleep with the dryer running.
    myndpeace Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 31, 2007, 04:39 PM
    I have a brand new Whirlpool Cabrio electric dryer just a week old. I think it is very noisey compared to my 17 year old Kenmore dryer. The service people say that it's a normal sound. I don't agree. Mine sounds like an exhaust fan. How is your's running? I'm trying to get mine replaced.
    timewisher Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 01:44 PM
    I've had my Cabrio washer & dryer since Feb of this year. The dryer sounded very loud like a buzzer w/ a vibrating tinny sound about 5 minutes into the cycle, once it heats up. A repair guy came out, heard the same sound, took off the door while the drum was turning & found the vibrating spring. He put some lithium grease where the spring was touching to stop that sound & said it was a design flaw, that the engineers know about. He said they might eventually come out with a modification kit to fix this. Before he left, we turned the dryer on, let it heat up to see if we still heard that vibrating tinny sound. Didn't here it, was happy, he left, but the next day when using the dryer, realized that only half the annoying sound was gone. The loud engine sound was still there. Waited a while, called Abt (the store where we bought it from) to say we still had a loud dryer & wanted it replaced. We suspected this one was returned because it was the last one they had & we had to wait 1 1/2 weeks for a different one. This one is just as loud, although the delivery guys say it sounds normal to them (what would they know). Luckily it is located in the basement, I can't imagine if I had a laundry room next to a family room or bedroom. Haven't found any reviews complaining about the loudness other than here so I thought it was just me & I can't remember how quiet my old one was. The few reviews I've seen say "it's so quiet", started thinking it's just me. Don't know what to do next. I don't know if they'll exchange it for a different brand since I've had it for a couple months. I like the size of it & the way it dries. I just don't like hearing the droning sound from the basment. Who needs the alarm on the dryer when I know it stopped because the house is quiet now!
    westbrook Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 23, 2008, 07:12 AM
    We too have had a couple of service calls for a loud noisey exhaust sound coming from our Cabrio dryer. Both times they told me it was "normal". We replaced our Maytag washer/dryer of 11 years with the Cabrio washer/dryer as we needed larger load capacity. It is so much louder than the old Maytag!
    buybuy2260 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2010, 08:59 PM

Same problem with my gas Cabrio Dryer just 2 years old.

Purchased extended warranty from Appliance retailer - yet they're not backing it up. Waiting for reply from Whirlpool.

Help.
    noelygirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 28, 2010, 07:23 PM
    My Cabrio start button wore out after about 3 years. Then the panel shorted, $550 to fix, bought a new brand instead. Also, never dried. It never could dry a full load of towels from the Cabrio washer. They either smelled mildewy or we had to take towels out and still re-run it 2-3 times to drive towels. So much for energy efficiency.
    mcmattay Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 4, 2010, 06:54 AM
    The pulley and wheel bearings on this dryer are bad from the start that is your loud noise. Every Cabrio has it. Get a replacement kit for $26. This dryer also has a venting problem. The dryer can take 3 loads but only vents for a load, so that is why you can get a sever lent build up in your lent vent. If your towels are not drying then check your vent pipe and clean it out with a shop vac. Go as far into the wall as you can with the vac. My start button has worn out at the 3 year point too. Strange isn't it? If there has ever been a dryer that needs a recall this is the one. My Cabrio washer is just as noisy. All we can do as consumers is tell Consumer Reports and worn everybody we know. I might take my my shot gun to mine one of these days.
    timewisher Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 19, 2010, 01:27 PM
    Where do we get the replacement kit for $26 to replace the bad pulley & wheel bearings?
    3 years later, still working, still loud, start button in tact.
    JOE2241 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2011, 06:33 PM
    Dryer has no power.yes I checked the power coming into machine.
    Mrsloyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 8, 2011, 03:26 PM
    I have a whirlpool cabrio steam dryer. It lights up and spins but will not get hot? Does anyone know what it might be.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 9, 2011, 05:52 AM
    I am a technician and what the Sears rep told you is a flat out lie. The drier was dropped which bent something on the inside ruining the alignment of the drum to the bearing and support rollers. When they get dropped and dented anything could be wrong, but it's not normal. Have them show you one running at the store; it won't sound like that. The Sears reps are not technicians and will tell you anything. There's no such thing as a wet sensor. All sensors are waterproof and are screwed to the sides of the duct work carrying hot air. They are required to be waterproof due to the wet clothes in the drier by various federal agencies. If a wet sensor caused a problem it would mean that the drier does not meet minimum standards set by our government and the drier should not be sold in the US. I am always amazed at the lies these reps will tell customers when it is not even his place to diagnose something without even taking the drier apart and checking it. He probably knows that one of the delivery men dropped the drier off a truck or they ran a forklift into it in the warehouse. It happens all the time and they have "scratch and dent" sales to get rid of these appliances, but a dent can mean serious damage. I have seen a dent about one inch wide recently cause $1000 in damage to a computer they dropped and they tried to blame the customer because she was unable to meet the delivery truck and the computer was dropped when returned to the warehouse for next day delivery. The hard drive was broken loose where it hit the motherboard and ruined it, the hard drive, and the RAM. The rep tried to blame the customer until they took it apart at the store and took pictures. They finally paid the damages. Be persistent because they want you to give up until it's out of warranty, but I doubt it will run that long. It does not take much of a drop to ruin a drier. DrTom4444
    hinjin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 09:14 AM
    We have had our Whirlpool Cabrio set for about 5 years and just had to replace the springs that hold the tub of the washer and keep it balanced. After the repair guy left (and $250 spent on repair) the dryer began making a very loud roaring sound... almost like an airplane. I am hoping this set will last until we save up to buy a new set and we will not be purchasing whirlpool again.
    Holdenbeach4U Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2012, 07:43 AM
    My Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer , the heating unit has gone out 3 times in 15 months. My understanding Whirlpool Cabrio Dryer, they knew about the problem in this dryer but failed to contact no one. I will get a new dryer soon but it may not be a Whirlpoor .
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jan 14, 2012, 05:29 PM
    I used to work for Sears and they always told me to put off customers, if possible. Use your common sense and make them replace it. Something was knocked out of alignment when it was dropped or hit by a forklift, perhaps.
    marsharoni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2012, 09:25 AM
    On April 10, 2010, I purchased a Whirlpool Cabrio washer and dryer. Yesterday was the last straw with repair after repair. I have had 4 calls on the dryer. Now they say it's the mother board and it will cost me $200.00 plus the house call. I immediately got on the phone and ordered a new washer and dryer (from a small business), and told the company to take this piece of s--- out of here. I now have a new Speed Queen washer and dryer that is made in the United States and I couldn't be happier. I guess Consumers Reports isn't as reliable as I thought they were when they put the Whirlpool as one of their best.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New Whirlpool Dryer Problem [ 6 Answers ]

I recently purchase a new Whirlpool washer and dryer. 1. Upon delivery the dryer wouldn’t start at all. I checked the outlet and dryer connection with a volt meter and both showed 220v so the delivery person said it was a bad dryer and took it back. 2. Upon the next delivery the dryer ran for...

Whirlpool Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

My dryer started smelling like it was burning and would not dry the clothes. I installed a new heating element and the thermal fuses. I turned it on and still it would not get the clothes hot, then Poof, sparks shot out and it kicked the breaker. I turned the breaker back on and it shot sparks out...

Whirlpool dryer [ 1 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer and it want start... I turned my timer on and press the start button and want do anything.. but you can hear a noise at the timer button and when youn go to press the start button the noise stops... I am wondering if its the timer button or the start button?

Whirlpool Dryer [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool dryer which has stopped spinning, the motor still runs, and it still heats up. I would like to try and figure out what is wrong with it. The model number is #LER7646DQ0.

View more questions Search