Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Millerashley04 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2012, 08:25 PM
    Swelling with two tongue piercings?
    I really want my tongue pierced, not only once, but twice. I want to get it done the same time though. Will it make my tongue swell twice as much? Or will it just be the same as getting it pierced once?
    lilpoppa Posts: 118, Reputation: 13

Jan 1, 2012, 10:28 PM
    I would get both done at the same time, the swelling will be a little more because your tongue will swell over a slightly larger area.
    nygypsy1 Posts: 42, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2012, 02:44 PM
    It will swell just a little more don't worry. And it will hurt a little more because of the swelling and throbbing. :)
    Curtis2191 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2012, 03:40 PM
    I just got mine done like almost two weeks ago, (horizontal, one on either side) and it's the first tongue piercing I've ever had; however, being around many, many people who have had one tongue piercing, I will tell you: As stated before, the swelling will be more than a single, but not much more, (certainly not twice as swollen). More assuredly it will be swollen for ALMOST twice as long, (Though perhaps this is because mine were replaced with smaller barbells before they were ready).. Anyway, You'll be fine; from what I've seen and can tell, Its almost the same as one tongue piercing with maybe a little more swelling and pain, for a little longer :)
    The MOST important thing to remember is to use Biotene mouth-rinse!! A little after every meal, its expensive, (10- 15 dollars a bottle), Especially if you smoke! Rinse a little after every smoke, you'll thank me later.
    Things to remember:
    Don't play with it!

Brush your teeth! :-/

Try to talk as normal as possible,( I know its agony, trust me) but not only is it going to help the healing process.

Eating, (or lack there of) is probably going to be your biggest worry. Almost nothing will seem to work. Even stuff like mashed potatoes or bean and cheese burritos will pull and push on your jewelry.. And anything Very HOT or COLD will be agony as well, (which is also why smoking can be painful, in addition to the extra pulling between two barbells) Instead, I recommend a diet of Ramen, (Top Ramen is perfect but MUST be broken into smaller pieces AND you MUST let it cool down to room temperature), you can chew as much, or a little as you want, (I've swallowed many whole packets myself just to get a full stomach), AND Applesause, same thing you can swallow it easy, plus you will need it for nutrition with your ramen diet.
    Good luck!
    -Curtis

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercings [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, Does anyone if your tongue swells after you get it pierced. If so, does it affect your breathing ability. What should not be eaten in the first week or so of getting your tongue pierced? If someone would reply please do so.

Do tongue piercings hurt? [ 19 Answers ]

I want to get my tongue pierced but I'm real scared that it will hurt because my tongue is thick and I can't stand the thought of a needle going through my tongue. I don't even think they will be able to pierce it because knowing me I will probably flinch lol. And another thing I wanted to know is...

Tongue Piercings [ 0 Answers ]

Why is there White what looks to be skin around my tongue oeircing a little bit of pus came out of the bottem is this normal?I only got it done 2 days ago so the swelling hasn't gone down either

Tongue Swelling [ 15 Answers ]

:confused: around the top of my bar ball from when I am sleeping the ball rubs against a part of my tongue and there's like an imprint of the ball.. that normal?

Tongue piercings [ 3 Answers ]

I had my tongue pierced for about 3 days now. The swelling is pretty bad but I can still talk a little bit. The food eating isn't that bad but I still smoke. I make dure to rinse my mouth after every cig and after everything I eat and drink... unless its water or ice. But I think I'm over washing...

View more questions Search