Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sloanner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2012, 04:38 PM
    Bearded dragon help
    Hi there Both my beardies are about a year and a half old. I keep them both in a 40 gallon tank with a basking spot with branches and forestry along with a brick below with holes big enough to hide in. They also have a uvb light. Their floor is sand and they have a water bowl. I've tried giving them greens with little to no success. They eat giant mealworms with calcium every 2 to 3 days. They're usually active but over the past couple weeks beavis stopped eating and has been sleeping all day and doesn't want to bask. Is this brumation due to winter or should I be scared?
    Attached Images

cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 1, 2012, 05:33 PM
    Here are a few places you can find answers.
    Bearded Dragon . org

Also here:
    Pet Bearded Dragon Lizard Facts & Information | Bearded Dragon Guide

I used to feed my lizzards bits of fresh fruit and green and shredded carrots and added to the mix was a little bone meal and a few drops of linitone for the skin. Along with live crickets. They like the hunt and they ate them like candy.

You might want to vary their diet a little more.
    Zircon1997 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 25, 2012, 02:01 PM
    Well if they won't eat those I feed mine carrots and red and green peppers she loves them. Also super worms are better for them then meal woms or horn worms or Phoenix worms they are all good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bearded dragon help [ 2 Answers ]

Im writing this on behalf of my aunt who has two bearded dragons. A male and a female. A couple months ago they noticed the female was chewing on the males leg, since they didn't see any damage they brushed it off, now the female has completely eaten the males front leg... I have looked online but...

Curved nails on bearded dragon [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I recently bought another bearded dragon off a person who sold it cheap its about 3 years old and the problem with him is his nails have curved I think due to the lack of a uv bulb in the tank the previous owner kept him in.when I have him sitting on me he seems to be losing his grip.question is...

White bearded dragon [ 7 Answers ]

An old kids movie or show from the 80's or 90's, has a big white bearded dragon type cloud monster

Bearded dragon sick [ 1 Answers ]

About 2 years ago I got a bearded dragon for free from someone I don't know its age but its full size and possibly old? But it doesn't eat anything except for superworms, I've tried crickets several times and he tries to eat them but doesn't seem to want to try and chase them. I don't know if he's...

Bearded dragon [ 8 Answers ]

I was just curious if anyone else on site has 1? I have a super red and his 1 yr old. I'll post pics when I get home, I h ope you do the same. Dragons are awsome :) :D ha ha

View more questions Search