Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    junkaphonic Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2012, 11:59 AM
    Mixed signals, weird breakup
    Background: I knew this girl for a very long time, and both of us had feelings for each other since we met but neither knew and it was never the right time. She lives in my home town and I'm currently away at grad school. This summer things came together when I was home, and we had what we both thought was a fling. But things developed, and continued to develop after I left to go back to school. We talked every day, sent letters and gifts, and I came home to visit often and she came to visit me. We never put a label on it, and when we started she said that she couldn't really be in a serious relationship, but somehow we ended up in one. We even started using the L-word. She told her friends and family about me, and we decided to be exclusive. A couple of times I tried to lock things down, thinking that she wanted me to take the active role in that regard, but she said no. She said that her feelings for me were serious, but she wasn't ready yet. And yet, our relationship was basically indistinguishable from boyfriend/girlfriend.

Anyway, when I came home for this most recent break she was weird and distant and didn't have much time to see me. We had a little fight about it, and then we didn't see each other for a couple days. And then she broke it off, saying that she must be dragging her feet for a reason (though she doesn't know what that is). It's not fair to keep me waiting, blah blah. We talked for a long time, and she was very upset about it, saying that she loves me but that she, for whatever reason, doesn't feel that she can be in a serious relationship. We bumped into each other randomly the next day, and we talked again. She was very affectionate and upset again, and stressed that she thinks we'll get another chance, but that it's not the right time right now. Both times we talked she seemed very hesitant and torn about it, and both conversations lasted hours because she didn't seem to want them to end.

So, there were and are a lot of mixed signals here. I really have feelings for this girl, and everything about our weird non-serious serious relationship was great. I felt like I finally had my chance with her after years of missed opportunities, and now it feels like it might go to waste. But she's one of those people who believes in "meant to be." I think she's being sincere about her feelings for me and not just doing the whole "nice breakup" routine. Opinions? What's a man to do? (I know, I know, no contact.)

Check out some similar questions!

Mixed Signals [ 16 Answers ]

Hey guys, I am actually new to this site so I guess I am going to ask away. I was just very recently seeing this girl I met awhile ago. We met in school and at the beginning of this semester we started to date around for fun. We were both having a good time. We had our fair share or arguments and...

Mixed signals. [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have started to get "closer" and one night, while trying to "respect me" I playfully tortured him, by trying to kiss him, and turn him on. He told me he had enjoyed the torture, and that it would be fun to do again sometime.. but I'm not sure exactly what to do.. I really love...

Why the mixed signals from her? [ 6 Answers ]

I have been out with this girl a few times. We met through mutual friends 2 months ago. We are both quite hectic with work, social lives etc, so it has been quite a slow burner with us meeting for a date every 10 days or so. I have been happy with that, we speak a bit in between, mainly by...

What's Up With His Mixed Signals [ 7 Answers ]

Ok so this guy I have been talking to for a while says he really likes me, gives me romantic and playful hugs, and he always invites me over to watch movies on his couch together and cuddle... and he said the only reason he isn't dating me right now is because his best friend has a major crush on...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.