Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brenda2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 1, 2012, 11:07 AM
    Moisture up through floor tiles in conversatory?
    Hi. Our conservatory is now about 8 years old. Originally it was built without footings and after problems with slight subsidance and arguing with the glazing company, they actually returned and put in footings. Now 3 years on we have suddenly started getting condensation-like moisture appearing on the tiled floor around the edge and up to about 1 foot in from the walls (not in the centre of the conservatory). It does not appear to be coming through the walls as the walls are dry and there are no drips. Any ideas? Does anyone know an independent expert in this area?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as the glazing company was less than helpful with our last problem.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 1, 2012, 03:08 PM
    More details please. Are there water pipes under the floor? Does the moisture appear after a rainstorm? By "glazing company" do you mean general contractor? Or is this the Tile company? Are you on a pump or city water? Back to you, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why is there moisture dripping on the floor from behind the vapor barrier? [ 1 Answers ]

We put an addition on to our home and as diyers just finished the vapor barrier this morning the floor is wet in a couple of places and the insulation is wet on theoutside wall of the house... we also live in saskatchewan where last week it was - 30 today it is 0 degrees Celsius... do I have to...

Diy floor tile, how many bags of thinset I need for 130 tiles floor [ 1 Answers ]

How many bags of thinset or mortar I need for 130sqft tile floor, plus I like to know if could use mastic instead, for a wooding floor I need to use a backboard.

Moisture Coming up Through Tile Floor [ 3 Answers ]

For awhile now we've noticed there is often a small puddle of moisture seeping up through our tile floor in our bathroom. It's near a toilet and a shower. How does one diagnose where there moisture/water is coming from without ripping up the floor to see if there's a pipe leak or something...

Seal floor against moisture, asbestos tiles and prep [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 43 year old home in unincorporated King Co. Washington state. The two-car garage was transformed into a family room years before I bought the house. There is a moisture problem with the concrete floor that I think is generating mold. Before I install any permanent flooring, I need to...

Finishing concrete floor with moisture issue [ 4 Answers ]

Our home recently got wet when a storm of the century hit the region. I don't know where the water came from since I wasn't home but I believe it came from the ground. Three months later I'm trying to finish the floors, ideally leaving the concrete exposed. Having done moisture tests it appears...

View more questions Search