Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hamworld05 Posts: 370, Reputation: 12

Feb 12, 2007, 03:34 PM
    Moths being brown
    Why are moths brown?
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Feb 12, 2007, 03:37 PM
    Not all moths are brown, many are very colorful.

I would say that it's a natural evolution so they blend in with the bark of trees when they land. That way it's harder for birds and other natural predator to see them. Many animals have developed to look like their habitat to protect them from being eaten.
    hamworld05 Posts: 370, Reputation: 12

Feb 12, 2007, 04:42 PM
    Oh! I didn't know that. Hey, I have another question: Could I find textbooks on entomology in a library?
    KMSRyana Posts: 142, Reputation: 26

Feb 12, 2007, 04:47 PM
    I'm sure they will have them. Depending on the library you go to. If you have access to a large library it will be better. Usually a library at a university is very diverse.
    Nosnosna Posts: 434, Reputation: 103

Feb 12, 2007, 04:50 PM
    You should be able to find them at a public library... if they don't have them on hand, most libraries participate in some kind of book exchange program and may be able to get them for you, or point you to another library nearby that does have it. Ask your librarian.

Another option is a college library... many state schools have their libraries open to the public (although usually they have limited circulation and allow only partial use of the facilities to non-students).

A third option is, if you're looking for something to keep, hop onto Amazon and get an older edition of a textbook... many older editions of textbooks can be had for little more than the cost of shipping, and since you don't need the current end-of-chapter exercises, they'll be more than adequate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Medium Reddish Brown to Light Brown [ 3 Answers ]

I had been coloring my hair a medium copper brown for about a year. The last time I colored 3 months ago I used medium gold brown. My hair is less red, but still has red undertones. I would like to go to a light golden brown. Is there anyway I can do this without ending up looking like Bozo? Am...

Dying dark brown to lighter brown [ 3 Answers ]

My granddaughter wants to dye her hair(previously colored about a month and1/2 ago)from dark brown to a light brown/blond. We cannot afford to do it in salon. What can I do to help her myself.

Squeeky dryer... brown marks on clothes... brown patch on back [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, my dryer squeeks, I get brown marks on my clothes alllll the time from them getting stuck in the front part of the drum... and today I had to pull the dryer away from the wall... and there is a brown spot on the back. Here is a picture. I'm hoping we can fix this ourselves, I'd hate to have...

Brown Discharge [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I AM 26 YR OLD, my last period was 12days back, since yesterday morning I have been having very little brown discharge. I am very much worried whether it is an infection,or could it be due to some deficiency?(I have low thyroid since 3 months I am taking the pill as Dr prescribed) I had my...

Brown discharge, please help me. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm 18 and last week my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time. Well, this was the very first time for me. And the last two times we've had sex, I would look down on the sheets and there would be this brown stain from me. I thought I had gotten my period the first time it happened and then it...

View more questions Search