Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    goldponies Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2004, 06:52 AM
    Air in water lines
    I have a on going problem with air in my water lines. When the outside water is turned on either the water comes in bursts or it is steady but with air bubbles. I have a horse farm and the water lines to my paddocks & barns froze and broke last winter (30 below 0 with no snow) so all of them were replaced underground this summer. The air and pressure problems started after they were replaced. I keep checking the gauge thinking I have another leak but it stays steady. Also I have a well but don't have any idea how to check if it's going dry. Don't think so as we have another dug well and a high water table. Thanks.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 15, 2004, 01:50 PM
    Air in water lines
    My first thought was that your pump was cavatating due to a low water table, but you shot that down when you told me the water table was high. Air has to be pulled into your system on the suction side, if the problem was on the pressure side then you would have a leak and not bubbles in your draw.
    A small opening in the suction would give you the symptoms that you describe. The gage wouldn't fluctuate unless you caught it as the water came in bursts. I can't point a finger directly at the problem but I can point to the general area to start checking. In my area, pumps, wells, water softeners and air conditioners are separate trades. However I've been exposed to enough of them to comment. I hope Labman can add more to my reply. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing from copper to plastic water lines [ 2 Answers ]

Hi All, I am trying to move the water supply lines for the bathroom so that I can begin framing a bathroom in the basement. The water lines are going right across the bottom of the floor joists where I need to put up the headers for the walls so I need to move them. My brother in law was...

Sizing Water Lines [ 3 Answers ]

Tom, It's me again. The guy finishing his basement. I've made it all the way to being ready to run water pipes for my basement bathroom and wet bar. Here's my question. Our house is about 3 years old and the builder or plumber was nice enough to stub out the water lines above where our...

Vanity Water Lines [ 5 Answers ]

We are having a house built and the plumber ran the water lines up through the floor rather than through the wall. I have never seen this before. Is this common? I am concerned that the lines will not have the strength to support a shutoff valve? Are there any codes related to this issue? ...

Draining water lines before soldering [ 2 Answers ]

I'm currently putting a bathroom in my basement. I'm ready to tie into my existing water lines. I need to know if I need to shut off and empty my water heat in order to drain the water out of the lines. The water heater is in the basement and would be lower than any faucet. I would prefer not to...

View more questions Search