Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhonda_hogue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 02:26 PM
    Computer won't recognize cd/dvd drive
    Hello,
    Sometimes my computer will not recognize my cd/dvd drive . When it doesn't recognize the drive its like it lost power. The door want open, no light will light up.I ckecked to see if my computer showed my other drives, and it does just not cd/dvd drive.
    I can shut down my computer and restart it and it will show it to be there, but as soon as I try to use it to burn it will show it to work the a message will come up say that its not there. I thpught it might be the place I was burning from but I have use three diffirent one and still the samething.
    HVAC888 Posts: 674, Reputation: 75

Feb 12, 2007, 05:24 PM
    When did this begin to happen? Maybe the drive is past its prime?

Check for loose power connector, and push it back in anyway to ensure a snug fit.

Check if the ribbon cable has come loose or not, push it in anyway to ensure a snug fit.

Check if the ribbon cable connecting the drive is damage.
    vapper Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 29, 2007, 03:29 PM
    Did you use the ribbon cable that came with the new drive? If not try that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Drive Does Not Recognize SOME CDs [ 2 Answers ]

I just bought an iPod, so I've been transferring songs from old purchased music CDs to my computer. Some work fine, but others are not being read by my hard drive. They are not corrupted, nor is my drive damaged. I updated my iTunes, rebooted, did everything I can possibly think of... but the...

Computer doesn't recognize my nd-1300a [ 10 Answers ]

Please help if you can. I have recently installed a nd-1300a dvd burner. I did not receive a cd with it. I have tried to download the firmware, but it does not work when I run it. It does not find the target drive for the firmware. The drive is in the device manager, but in the properties, the...

Computer does not recognize hard drive [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I've got a big problem. Suddenly my bios does not recognize my harddisk anymore. Setup says it is not installed. I've checked the cables, they seem OK. I'm afraid to have lost all my data/harddrive. Does anyone knows what may be the problem? Thanks.

View more questions Search