Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sinabera Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 29, 2011, 01:28 PM
    Medication side effects
    Hi, I just started on 3 medications today that are completely new to me. I am pretty sensitive to medication as it is. I took SMZ/TMP DS, armour thyro tab 30mg, and lansoprazole cap 30mg (prevacid). About 4 hours later I began to feel shaky and nervous in my body, then I became nauseas and then I had diarrhea. It seems after the diarrhea I felt slightly better and I also drank chamomile tea which may be helping with the shaky feeling.

I have been trying to call my doctor but no one is answering the phone. Can any of the above medications cause these reactions?

Also, I am unsure if I should really be on armour thyroid. My blood results were within the normal range according to the lab. The results are as follows:
    Free T3 3.1 range=2.3-4.2 pg/ml
    T4 9.8 range=4.4-12.4 ug/dl
    Free T4 1.25 range=.73-1.95 ng/dl
    TSH 1.1 range=.3-5.1 uiu/ml

Thank you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2011, 02:28 PM
    Yes, the SMZ/TMP DS can cause a variety of side effects (as can any antibiotic): SMZ-TMP DS Oral : Uses, Side Effects, Interactions, Pictures, Warnings & Dosing - WebMD

Prevacid is prescribed for heartburn and has side effects: Prevacid (lansoprazole) Information from Drugs.com

You know about the thyroid medication - Armour Thyroid (Thyroid tablets) Drug Information: Description, User Reviews, Drug Side Effects, Interactions | Prescribing Information at RxList

It would be foolish and dangerous to second guess your Doctor (who has examined you) concerning your medication. If you feel the medication is incorrect, make another appointment and discuss your health problems with him/her.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Side effects of my medication: Need an opinion, am I overreacting? [ 7 Answers ]

So, Recently I decided to go to the doctor for help with anxiety/sleep troubles... Don't know how much history to give but I've had trouble with sleep all my life. I've taken herbal supplements, exercised and eaten like a normal person should... Nothing really helps. Even as a child I had a hard...

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

I use G&G skin lightening products,but I need to know if these products have any side effect/

Anti-Depression medication Side Effects? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I am curious to know what anti-depression medication can do to you. I would like to know if it makes you Act diffrent/funny. I need to know before I start taking any type of anti-depressents. (I think that's what there called) :confused: Please tell me everything you know about it. ...

If I can't climax, are there other ramifications? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is pretty straighforward (I think). Are there physiological effects that happen to a man when he's been aroused and doesn't climax? Thanks.

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

Side Effects Of Finasteride In Women

View more questions Search