Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2011, 12:41 PM
    My son's Facebook account was hacked.
    Short version: About a year ago my son could not get into his Facebook account, so he created another one. Now someone is using his old one to send nasty messages to people. I can only guess that someone he knows guessed his password and took the old account over.

I went through the "account hacked" stuff with Facebook but because the person who is now using the old account has changed the security question, password, email address, etc. we cannot do anything about it.

Surely the Facebook people know that if an account is hacked, then the hacker will change the email address, password or security question... right?

We are calling the police to make a report, but I am guessing that nothing will be done soon going that route.

What else can we do? Has anyone else run into this issue - and gotten it resolved?

All we want to do is delete the old Facebook account.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 29, 2011, 01:09 PM
    I would have thought your first move going though the fools that run Facebook would have done it... but now I'm concerned they are blowing it off...

Subscribing to the thread because I think this is a matter important to many of us.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 29, 2011, 01:20 PM
    Try reporting to Facebook again.
    My BIL wasn't hacked but his account info was switched with someone else with the same name and they fixed it right away.
    I know, it's different, because FB doesn't have proof that your son is your son and not the other way around, etc.
    But it doesn't sound right that FB would tell you they can't do anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Someone hacked in to my e-mail and Facebook account, now they are harassing me [ 4 Answers ]

Who ever this is has made it a point to threaten me by using the information he found in my account against me. What can I do to stop this person? One e-mail I received from this person had the ip address (10.227.18x.xx), another email had a different one ( 10.68.3x.x) Is the anything I can do...

Google account hacked [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, Recently our Google account have been hacked and someone added a gmail account to it as primary email. I was able to remove it, but I think it was only deactivated. Because the username of the email is still in our account and when I try to connect to the account with my Android phone it...

Hacked Facebook account [ 5 Answers ]

How do I delete my hacked Facebook account? I forgot the password to it and to the email address as well! Please hellllllllllp me!! :(

Hacked Yahoo account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my Yahoo email account was hacked will Yahoo help me find out who hacked into my account

E-Mail Account Hacked [ 1 Answers ]

Friends My Yahoo Email was hacked by some unknown person & changed the password please help me to retrieve the password of my Email Account & tell me through which software I kan retrieve my password back.I have forgotten all secret information which I fillup during creation of my Mail account......

View more questions Search