Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    travis-shaye Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 12:05 PM
    Landlord still hasn't made repairs
    I live in grass valley,ca. I rent an apartment with a washer and dryer in my unit. A while ago my dryer started leaving grease spots on our clothes and is also extremely loud when in use. I told the problem to the landlord and also filled out a "fix it" form that I gave to them. That was a month ago, they haven't even sent any one to even just look at it. They told us twice in the first week of our complaint that some one would be coming by and no one ever showed. We have asked them since when someone would be by and they said there was a long list of other things to do and that we just have to wait our turn. I just don't think it's fair that we are paying rent for an apartment with a washer and dryer, wich is the main reason for us moving in here and we can't even use them, in fear of ruining any more clothing. And we are having to pay to take our clothes somewhere else to clean them. Is there anything I can do, like with hold my rent or have them deduct some of the rent for not being able to use them. We would just leave wich we would rather do but we have a lease that isn't up until sept.

Also the only people I have talked to are the people that just run the office, the actuall landlord/owners are never around anymore I asked the people who run the place if I could contact the actuall owners and they said they do not give out there number, so I asked them to have them call me because I would rather deal with the owners and I haven't heard from them. Do I have the right to be able to make contact with the actuall owners?
    squidward Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Feb 12, 2007, 12:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by travis-shaye
    I live in grass valley,ca. I rent an apartment with a washer and dryer in my unit. A while ago my dryer started leaving grease spots on our clothes and is also extremely loud when in use. I told the problem to the landlord and also filled out a "fix it" form that I gave to them. That was a month ago, they haven't even sent any one to even just look at it. They told us twice in the first week of our complaint that some one would be coming by and no one ever showed. We have asked them since when someone would be by and they said there was a long list of other things to do and that we just have to wait our turn. I just don't think it's fair that we are paying rent for an apartment with a washer and dryer, wich is the main reason for us moving in here and we can't even use them, in fear of ruining any more clothing. And we are having to pay to take our clothes somewhere else to clean them. Is there anything I can do, like with hold my rent or have them deduct some of the rent for not being able to use them. We would just leave wich we would rather do but we have a lease that isn't up until sept.
    Hello,

Google "Landlord/Tenant Agreement" for your state or area. Print it off.It should state your rights. I did that to mine when my water heater blew.I tried reaching him for a week with no luck.Hired a plumber to replace heater, and deducted off rent.Also, good idea to keep receipts for laundromat.Depending on what rights you have, let landlord know in writing what you intentions are if not resolved.

Document all actions you take!

Hope this helps.

Dale

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Repairs and responsibility [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, I called my landlord and left messages Sunday night, and then again all day on Monday to get someone here to fix my plumbing problems. The problem that I have is the toilet and bathroom sink are backing up into my tub. Now my tub is full of brown crappy water. You can't run any water in the...

Landlord not making repairs [ 2 Answers ]

My son is rented a house a few months ago and has discovered a few problems which need to be fixed. According to the lease these should be the responsibility of the owner. For the last 2 months he has been giving my son the run-a round, basically not doing what he says he is going to do. One...

Internal repairs [ 1 Answers ]

I am a bookkeeper in a repair shop the employs vehicles that make road repairs. In this instance though, the vehicle needing the repair is our own. We just switched computer systems recently, and this new system requires us to create a full invoice for this kind of transaction. Prior to this,...

Ceiling repairs [ 2 Answers ]

I am doing some remodeling in an old farmhouse. The original ceiling is the lath and plaster. The previous owner then covered it by gluing ceiling tiles directly to the ceiling. My initial intent was to cover the ceiling tiles with a new layer of "blue board" and have it replastered. However my...

Auto repairs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 1990 Honda Accord 2.2L. My problem is that the radiator cooling fan cycles on and off numerous times sometimes 5 or 10 minutes after the car has been shut off. It will only remain on for a few seconds at a time. I have replaced the coolant temperatore sensor for the ECU: also the...

View more questions Search