Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosi614 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2003, 02:17 PM
    Start my own business
    Hi Experts
    Requesting your help. I am a nurse assistant and would like to work out of my home, Would love to set up my own hours and care of my patients but don't know how to begin. I am from Chicago IL and don't know do I need a license, how about taxes.

Does anyone know where I can go for help.

kkemper Posts: 29, Reputation: 1

Jan 20, 2003, 12:24 PM
    Start my own business
    Your industry has undergone many changes in the last 10 years. Care homes
    Have many names but You likely qualify for one IF you can get a certified nurse
    To visit your site, have room for 1-6 beds, and get liability insurance plus attend
    Your state's mini course for home health care givers.

Contact your state dept of health and your county and your city and one of them
    Regulates this new facility/occupation. My neighbor has had one for 12 years.
    [she nets $1,000 a week per patient]

Jan 20, 2003, 12:49 PM
    Start my own business
    Hi, thanks for answering ! I am a certified Nurse Assistant. What I would like to do is visit my patients as needed in their homes, and get paid for services rendered. I attend a church where many seniors attend and I know they always need assistance. I would love to help them I just don't know where to start. I definitely like to do all this the right way, legally that is, pay taxes... And I wonder what type of City license do I require for a home business like this. The best part is setting my own hours since I have small children at home. Your help is greatly appreciated :)

Jan 20, 2003, 01:31 PM
    Start my own business
    Whether caring in your home, a new home you run OR going to another's home,
    Ask the same bodies I mentioed in my response! Do the biz plan last.

Get licensed to perform this service.

Jan 20, 2003, 03:24 PM
    Start my own business
    Thanks for your help!

Jan 20, 2003, 06:50 PM
    Start my own business
    Welcome
    steve84s Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2005, 04:16 PM
    Help
    A great start would be to join the N.A.S.E. (The National Association for the Self Employed) They are a non profit organization that was created by self employed people just like yourself in 1981. They can help you get your business started and help you even write off your health insurance premiums, prescriptions, and over the counter drugs on your taxes. Call the Atlanta Based Office at 678-789-8403
    komanemt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 19, 2007, 02:30 AM
    Hi Experts
    Requesting your help. I am a nurse assistant and would like to work out of my home, Would love to set up my own hours and care of my patients but don't know how to begin. I am from Chicago IL and don't know do I need a license, how about taxes.

Does anyone know where I can go for help.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

How do I start my own business [ 6 Answers ]

Where can I go to find out about how to start my own business in Alameda Count Ca. Are there seminars that will tell me how to go about this?

How can I start a calling card business? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Can anyone suggest any tips on starting an online calling card business. I know it's a very profitable biz but don't know how to start it. Please help. Thanks Sr

Want to start Business. [ 2 Answers ]

I'm interested in starting my own business but I have no idea as to how or what to do. I would appreciate if you can help me. I do know that this is an odd question but I'm serious.Thanks. Stephen

Want to start my own small business [ 4 Answers ]

Hi folks, I want to start my own small business, something like an Internet Café but I don't know how to go about it. Thus, the items I would need, how much capital and all. I would be grateful if someone can help by telling me how go to about it.

How to start a Pi#ata manufacturing business [ 1 Answers ]

Want to start a small pi#ata manufacturing business. How can I find out a way to manufacture them (at a business level)? The piñatas available at stores seems to be somehow manufactured in series and not hand made. I am interested on manufacturing piñatas in series instead of hand made piñatas....

View more questions Search