Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lauriebee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 04:52 PM
    Rude Adult Children
    I Have Adult Children who think the world owes them! When ever they come over to visit they rummage through the house. They act very obnoxious,& selfish. My age 50,My Daughter is 26, My son 21. & I have two small grand children. I thought about moving farther away so the visits could be less frequent, but... Then I would miss them all. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2011, 05:04 PM
    Change the locks... and tell them what you told us... its YOUR house, and YOUR things... and if they can't respect it... they can't enter your house. You have to take a stand sometime before they will get the message.

And reinforce it with they will all be out of your will unless you can get the respect they owe you.

You can give it all to the Church if you want... or anyone else. That might get their attention.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2011, 08:04 PM
    Yes, tell them the rules, it is your house and your rules, if they are "looking around" ask them what they are looking for.
    Ask them if they want you to come over and do the same at their home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rude and abusive adult child [ 7 Answers ]

I have a mid thirties child who through no fault of her own is unemployed, living at home and diligently looking for work. I have supported her for a year and a half. There are times when she "wigs out", that is she becomes very very rude to me verbally abusive. I have tried to journal these...

Angry rude adult child living at home [ 6 Answers ]

Angry rude adult child living at home how to cope

Two very rude children 6 yr old and 5 yr old [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 two children who are very rude and don't listen to any one, I have tried every thing. What can I do

Neighbor's adult son is rude [ 5 Answers ]

We live in a friendly village, and our widowed neighbor, has an adult son, in his 50's that does not love there, lives nearby but visits everyday to take care of the lawn. We say hello, he turns away and grunts. When he is speaking with another neighbor and they call out to me to say hello, or...

View more questions Search