Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nitty03 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 08:09 AM
    My boyfriend's sex drive has diminished to nothing
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 2 1/2 years. When we first got together we would have sex all the time, but now if I don't initaite it it will never happen. Also when we met he was addicted to oxy's, and since the age of 16 was a herion user. Now he has gon on methadone and its been since then that the problems started. I have told him I do not want a sexless relationship and he says things will get better. His past has many failed relationships and he is bitter and angry most of the time, hates his job, hates he doesn't have custody of his son, hates where we live. Just plain miserable. I asked him to go to the doctor and he says OK then never goes. I told him that being rejected all the time does not feel good, but he just says nothing. He says he loves me and does nice things for me, but when it comes to having sex it almost never happens, lucky if its once a month. So angry and I really think he needs to see a doc. I have heard that methadone can really afftect a mans testostrone levels. Please some advice
    Kahani Punjab Posts: 510, Reputation: 203

Dec 28, 2011, 08:28 AM
    Nitty03,

Firstly, welcome to this great site!

Drug abuse leads to sexless state of mind, and body, no doubt, but he must visit the medico. Hating job and such stuff is common for a drug addict, and only a drug counsellor, psychologist and a medico can best understand and treat him. You are right, methadone affects testostrone levels. Do not get angry with him, do not blame him, rather pity him, and convince him, (never accusing him of reaching such extreme) to visit the medico and get an effective advice.

Good Luck!
    nitty03 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 08:32 AM
    Thank you for welcoming me.I like this site already!

HE has gone to the clinic, but gets so stressed out and hates going there. My guess is he is uncomfortable. I have stood by his side through his amazing recovery. He has come so far. When we met he was definitely happier, but I think that feeling was more because the drugs made him feel that way , would you agree. Can drugs really change a persons personalitly that much? What do you think?
    nitelight198073 Posts: 470, Reputation: 76

Jan 15, 2012, 10:10 AM
    Why not try to be supportive? HE seems to have a lot of issues and if you love him, be there for him... News flash! Sex isn't everything but a good communication with your mate is!
    ivette777 Posts: 22, Reputation: 3

Jan 15, 2012, 11:13 AM
    Yes ma'am drugs can really affect the way people behave and feel, sex is not everything but it does play a major roll on relationships. I can understand where your coming from with this. Just encourage him to keep visiting the doctor and help him keep moving on, sex will come by :) good luck

~ivette~
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 15, 2012, 12:32 PM
    Hold off on judgements, and expectations until he has proved he can be clean, and stay clean for 18 month, to 2 years. Its enough he deals with his own demons, and really doesn't need to deal with your issues on top of all this.

Yes long term drug use can destroy every good thing about a person. A healthy sex life being the tip of the iceberg.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I heighten my boyfriend's sex drive? [ 3 Answers ]

I've been dating my boyfriend for about 9 months. I know it's a short amount of time, but when we were just talking he was all over me and now I'm all over him and he barely goes to bed with me at the same time any more. He would rather watch a TV show then fool around with me. We don't have sex...

Why is my boyfriend's sex drive so low? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi my name is emily and I'm 22 my boyfriend is 23. So, we have been living together for over a year and we used to have sex a couple times a guy, which wore down to once a day, to every other day, and so on. He didn't have a job for 7 months, drank, and was inactive so I figured that was it. Now he...

How do I get my boyfriend's sex drive to increase? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey all, I was just turned on to this site by googling the same question, and decided to join. Hopefully I can answer some questions for other members as well. Okay my problem is one I have never faced before in any other relationship. I want sex more than my boyfriend. We have sex quite...

Can't get my boyfriend's sex drive up [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 2 years. We have been living together for at least one year. I am his first sexual partner. We used to have sex almost daily, but lately it's once in a few months, and I have a very high sex drive. He doesn't do anything all day, he quit school...

View more questions Search