Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AaronDaCanadian Posts: 9, Reputation: -3

Dec 28, 2011, 07:07 AM
    World will come to an End ?
    I'm just curious About the World coming to an End, should I be worried. I here Religious people say it will at time, Creepy to me... But how will the world end?
    Hole though Atmosphere and burn the world? Or will it Explode? Maybe and Kind of out of Wack! Flesh Eaten Virus?? Well... Will the world End?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 28, 2011, 07:17 AM
    I have seen lists of all the end of the world predictions throughout history.
    Many of the oldest ones were based on changes in the zodiac, the 'ages' that happen about every 2000 years, when a new constellation moves to the horizon at the spring equinox.
    Others on huge natural disasters.
    I think our human species will end before the planet burns up from our sun exploding and our galaxy colliding with Andromeda.
    A large enough meteor might have the highest probability of all space related disasters.
    How we kill ourselves off I don't know. Mutant or manufactured virus or bacteria perhaps. The grief we go through from global warming, lack of fresh water as a result of it, loss of vast numbers of species in the food chain, changes in the atmosphere, etc - all those won't be enough to wipe us out completely.
    And I really do think a few people will escape to another planet, or even a manmade planet/space station.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2011, 09:00 AM
    Of course the world will come to a end at some point and time. At the one end, at some point the sun will burn out and there will be no sun. At the point we are going, most likely we as humans destroy ourself.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2011, 11:34 AM
    Of course the world will end-sometime! The early church writings said "the end is near" and 2000 yrs later we are still around. Mayan calendar says 2012. Somebody last year said 2011. Tell you what, I'f you are in Woodstock GA next Jan 1,2013, I'll buy you breakfast at The Waffle House on I575 and Arnold Mill. See you then! PS-the latest data I read said the sun will go away in 6 Million years. Keep the faith.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 07:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ma0641 View Post
    PS-the latest data I read said the sun will go away in 6 Million years.
    I think you mean "billion" years, not "million."

This is going to be a very tiresome topic this year. The Mayans did NOT say that the world comes to an end in 2012. That's a misunderstanding based on how one stone carving was made - there are other examples of Mayan calendars that go beyond 2012. But even if some stone carver believed the world would end - why does anyone give this more credence than any of the other "end of world" predictions that come around every year or two?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 3, 2012, 07:33 AM
    My calender ran out on Dec 31 of 2011. Did that mean the world would end, means I have to buy another calender, we have no idea, perhaps the person doing the Mayan calendar died, perhaps they said, oh well, we will get back to that in 100 years. Maybe they got invaded and stopped making calendars

And better be careful with that Waffle house order, you may have 200 people show up.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jan 3, 2012, 03:17 PM
    Yea, dropped a couple of 000S, not that it matters much to any of us!
    mslmn Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2012, 04:35 AM
    Why worry? When you die.. the world'l b surely an end for you. Its as everything's dead along with you.. but on religious point of view.. the mountains will be as light as cotton flying all over.. and the earth will be thoroughly flattend. And this will someday happen with no certainty.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If the world does end in 2012 then how will it end? [ 11 Answers ]

If the world does end in 2012 ( please ignore if you don't think it will ) then how will it end?

End of the world? [ 9 Answers ]

I just recently watched the movie Knowing starring Nicholas Cage. It was extremely eye opening and it actually made me cry.. I've always been a firm believer in science rather than a believer in a biblical sense. I honestly do not believe in God.. I believe in science. I want to know peoples...

End of the world [ 25 Answers ]

Hey this is something I've been wondering about. Im sure this is not Chritianity but I would love to know what you guys think. Many people are saying the world is coming to an end when the maya calender ends which is in 2012. Do you believe its true?

The End of the World? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have been watching the history channel and it is talking about a lot of apocolypse dates: According to Nostrodamus, the Mayans, and Chinese histograms, on December 21, 2012 the world will end. This will either be by a deadly astronomical event, or the third antichrist supposedly in the...

Not the end of the world [ 8 Answers ]

Well... yeah I'm pregnant wow! And I think its my fault;; anyway I'm back with him yeah we talked and he's happy because we are expecting a baby even though he got really mad for what I did I don't know if I'm going back to usa anyway I told him everything that I did to have him back and well I am...

View more questions Search