Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrsdeWinter Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 04:02 AM
    Should I spend NYE with a good friend her boyfriend or with my mother
    Hi everyone,

Recently just moved to another country and don`t know a lot of people here yet, so my options are going to the beach with a long-time friend and her boyfriend or spending it in the city with my mother... not sure what to do. (If I go to the beach I might feel like the third wheel as long as we stay there - a week, if I stay here might get depressed I`m spending it with my mother..
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Dec 28, 2011, 04:17 AM
    Tell us how much of a fifth wheel you'd be, or how much your mother needs company herself, and how much you can stand her company.
    I personally let NYE fly right by, go to bed early, go to no parties or celebrations - I'm pretty wiped out from Christmas and just don't need it. I'm also of a fuddy duddy age.
    Is there any way you can spend the 31st and 1st with your mother and then go to the beach for the remaining days? The couple will have had the most romantic time alone by then.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 28, 2011, 01:05 PM
    I wouldn't intrude on my friend, even if she begged me. I'd spend time with my mother, personally.

I'm not a big NYE person, either. When I was alone I always made a nice dinner for myself, had a glass of wine, went to bed early and alone.

Not a big deal unless you make it a big deal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend does not spend time... [ 2 Answers ]

This is about my friend. Her boyfriend is caring, responsible, faithful. But he is a typical guy type... he is absorbed in games, and if not, Facebook.He never comes to my friend's hostel, she has to go visit him. He does not spend a lot of time but the time he spends is quality time. But as the...

A really good friend confessed feelings for me, they are mutual, but she's got a boyfriend [ 8 Answers ]

Me and her go way back. Now suddenly she comes clean that she has always wanted more, and god so have I.. And I let her know that. But... She's got a boyfriend she loves. I want to build on it but am I wrong to keep hinting on our feelings for each other right now? I don't plan on actually doing...

Is it usual for a daughter to ask her mother to spend time with her boyfriends parent [ 3 Answers ]

Is it usual for your daughter to ask her mother to spend time with her boyfriend's parents? \

My boyfriend doesn't want to spend time with me [ 7 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for almost 3 yrs,and we have definitely had ups and downs. Lately he has had a big project at work that has taken up all of his time.So much time that we have stopped going out on the weekends completely and I only get to see him when I come over to cook or bring food....

Can good guy friend become boyfriend? [ 5 Answers ]

Haven't been around for awhile. Am happy to tell you all that (I think) I'm pretty much moved on from my ex of 5 years who has been a big jerk when he broke up with me. Reason I say so was because recently my ex called again after no contacts for months and he said he wants me back. Yet, he is...

View more questions Search