Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    VitorKato Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 11:35 PM
    My girlfriend wanted a break.
    So about 3 weeks ago my girlfriend wanted a break, we are together about one and a half year. She is my first girlfriend, and I am her second. We were mostly happy and get along pretty well. But then she told me she wanted a break, at first I took well. But at home I thought more about it, and I love her with all my heart and I was afraid she not. Then I called her.

She told me that she still love me but in a different way now, then I asked if she is liking someone else or want to go out with anyone, she said no, that she only need a time to think this through. But she started deleting me, from her Facebook, and other communities, even on steam and xbox.

So I started sending e-mails, texting her and calling, at first she answered, but then she started ignoring me, and getting mad when answered. I know I should let her alone, but this is my first relationship, and I'm afraid of losing her. On our last call she promised calling me when she is ready. I talked with my and hers friends and everyone told me to let her alone for now. I just want more opinions about this.. I love her more than anything, and don't want to lose her and in addition to being lovers, we are like best friends.

What I'm most afraid now, is that maybe she just want to forget me, and the break is just excuse. And the only reason she gave me is that she changed and don't know what she wants... But when we talk she is cold and don't say anything, while I'm telling about my felling about her, is like she don't give the damm anymore. I care about her a lot, and if I just could do anything at all now I would do it. So I still got any hope, or should I move on now?

Thanks, and sorry about any bad english and all. It's just english is not my native language.

And I know it's a common question and all look the same always, but I just need to hear from + people. Maybe someone got a good idea.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Dec 28, 2011, 03:11 PM
    Sorry guy, but the more you push the worse it gets, keep your dignity, and self respect and leave her alone because she has already told you in words, and actions her feelings have changed about you, what she wants... out of this relationship, so move on.

Sorry, but it happens.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2011, 06:17 PM
    Consider yourself broken up.
    The sooner you realize that, the better.

You can spend all of your energy trying to change her mind, but I wouldn't recommend it.

The best thing you can do now is leave her alone. Let her do what she wants & you do the same.

I know it seems crazy & foreign, but trust me.

Stop bugging her.
    VitorKato Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2011, 07:29 PM
    But I always thought we were perfect together, we spend most of the time talking about anything and going out all the time. And I read other topics here, most of them end with the guy getting over the girl or the other way around. But this is not the ending I want to this relation, I want to things end well, I know it may sound stupid but its really what I want. I just don't know what to do, she is a very special woman, and some of you may think she want to start banging other guys and drink all day and stuff like that, but she is not like that. We are very young we both have 19. I don't know if is good to just let her alone, forgetting about me everyday. I know that she want some time to be single, and go out with her friends. But I just can't see me with another woman, and not loving her anymore.

And just to tell some facts. Near x-mas I called her to wish her a merry x-mas but she not answered then I waited about 2 hours to call her again, still nothing, so I send a message saying"Hey i want to wish u a marry x-mas plz call me" still nothing, then in another 2 hours I send another message "Merry x-mas and have fun i hope u are ok, call me i want to talk with u" still nothing. So on the other day I called like 5 times, on last she answered, and I said: " Why you not called me?" and she : "I was watching a movie on my notebook" and some others dumb excuses. So I wished her a merry x-mas, but then I could not hold myself and told her, I want her back, and to give me another chance to get things right and that I love her so much and stuff like that. But she don't said anything back, not because she not fell the same way but because she want to me back off for now. So I asked her to promise me to call me as soon she thinks its ready, and she promised And I think its it. But what should I do, on the new year? Call her? Leave her alone? Or wait to see what she is going to do and if she don't send nothing just forget about or send something after? Help help!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 28, 2011, 07:32 PM
    Sorry but it does not matter what you think,

The " I need time or space is a break up, she is being nice, and you are making it hard. Yes she will promise to call when she is ready, the call will never come. The more you text and call or message the worst and messier it gets.

She is lying to you, to make the break up nice, respect her and yourself and just walk away.
    jmjoseph Posts: 2,727, Reputation: 1244
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2011, 07:32 PM
    We know it hurts. But don't call her. Go out and do the things that interest you. Stay busy. Time will tell if you're meant to be together.

Good luck buddy.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Dec 28, 2011, 07:37 PM
    "But I always thought we were perfect together"

If it was perfect, then you wouldn't be here.

"Call her? Leave her alone? Or wait to see what she is going to do

No, yes & no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend wanted a break and needs time to think [ 4 Answers ]

I am 22 and my girlfriend is 20 almost 21. We have been dating for almost three years. Roughly five days ago, she called me in the morning and informed me that at a party the previous night before, she got extremely drunk and made out with a guy. She called immediately and confessed to it and...

My girlfriend wanted a break. How long should I wait before I contact her? [ 25 Answers ]

I just found this site and I appreciate any advice I can get. I've been with my girlfriend for 3 1/2 years. We met through my cousin, her best friend, when she was 19 and I was 23 and I fell so hard I told her to move in with me and so we've been living together for pretty much the whole time....

I wanted a break and now we are over [ 2 Answers ]

This is my first time using this site, but I am impressed with the thoughtfulness of the answers, so I hope someone can help me out. I am a 27 year old female and until recently I was in a 3 1/2 year relationship with a 36 year-old man. We met at work and right off the bat, it was pretty...

My girlfriend wanted a break? [ 3 Answers ]

I was with my girlfriend for 3 and a half years. We started with the games cause she was so hard to get. I played it very cool for a while and didn't answer my phone all the time. I worked in the evening which meant I only see her late when I would go stay at her house. This was all going well but...

View more questions Search