Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hector_moya Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 09:31 PM
    Goodman Furnace Flame Sensor Needs Frequent Replacing
    I own a hair salon and I have a Goodman furnace near the ceiling (small attic), and the guys I contracted have been replacing the flame sensor every two months because it turns off the burners. Are they installing correctly or is this common? If not, what do you think is the problem? What can we do to prevent this?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Dec 27, 2011, 10:07 PM
    Its not often a flame senser has to be replaced, they should take it out ,clean it (buff) lightly with very fine steel wool and put back,this can be done many times ,if its cleaned and then it doesn`t do right then replace. I`m not sure why the problem keeps reaccuring,I`ve never had the problems some people have ,over the years,I`ve installed several hundred goodman furnaces and don`t ever remember a flame senser problem

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Goodman Furnace Flame sensor? Help! [ 2 Answers ]

Having an issuse with my goodman furnace. Fan turns on, Ignitor turns red, flame comes on, and then goes out then blower motor comes on. Repeats 2 or 3 times and stops. The led is a steady red. I have replaced the circuit board, flame sensor, flame sensor wire, and the 24v transformer chassis...

Criterion II Furnace Flame sensor [ 3 Answers ]

My furnace will not turn on at all. I try resetting the thermostat but it still will not work. I checked some of the troubleshooting website and they said that the flame sensor.

Goodman furnace with 3 blinking lights and furnace has flame roll back [ 7 Answers ]

I have a GMNT-080-4B Some times I get a 3 blink light issue and then when it starts it has a flame roll back. Also I have to change the ignitor every year. Any help would be great

Flame sensor in a bryant 80 plus furnace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bryant 80 plus furnace. I've been having a problem for about a month, now. I have noticed that sometimes not all three burners have a flame after the gas valve releases the gas from the manifold, which causes the system to lock after three or four attempts. The very first burner, from...

Goodman 90 plus furnace flame sensor [ 6 Answers ]

Goodman furnace is showing single blink every 2 seconds. I see that a possible problem is the FLAME SENSOR. My main question: Is the flame sensor the SAME part as the ceramic ignitor ? If different, where is it in relation to the ignitor ?

View more questions Search