Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duwee Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 02:42 PM
    How long does a bank have to hold personal property after the foreclosure?
    How long does a bank have to hold personal property after the foreclosure?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2011, 03:04 PM
    Are you living there, or have you already moved out.

If you are moved out, they may just considered it deserted and throw it out as soon as they go into it.

IF you are still living there, I believe you will be given about 90 days to move.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 27, 2011, 03:44 PM
    The owner, after foreclosure, does not have to keep any personal belongings if the previous owner vacates. They MAY be required, based on local law, to give you a date to clean out the premises before disposing of the belongings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which states require a personal property eviction to be completed upon foreclosure ? [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for a list or site that has a list of states that require a personal property eviction when personals are left inside a property upon foreclosure.

Personal property eviction laws for foreclosure in va [ 3 Answers ]

I am a realtor in va and was assigned a foreclosure home to sell. The property was still full of furnishings. I notified the bank and was told to have it trashed out. I hired a co. to perform this task for which the bank has paid this co. Now the owner has suddenly appeared and says that he wants...

If we go through foreclosure on second property, can bank go after our first home? [ 1 Answers ]

We own property which we rent out, the tenants skip their payments so it becomes difficult to keep up with payments for our loan on the property. If we go through foreclosure, can the bank go after our Home where we live in?? Also, if we go through the foreclosure process, what happens with...

How long will a bank hold a check for [ 1 Answers ]

I applied for a private student loan over two months ago. It has taken an unbelievable amount of time to process the loan, but Monday my rep called me and informed me everything was complete. She said the check would be sent out in four days and arrive in up to seven days. My concern is how long...

Foreclosure, and bank attaching other property [ 1 Answers ]

:( If one house, my husband and I own, forecloses, can the bank attach, or put a lien, on our other house? We have a terrible loan we took out on our rental (14% and rising) because of a year of unemployment. We can no longer keep up the huge payment on our second home. Our credit was destroyed...

View more questions Search