Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Equine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2011, 01:49 PM
    Covered arena for disabled riders.
    I need a grant for a covered arena for my startup program. It is a riding program for children and adults with disabilities. Is there a grant?
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 27, 2011, 01:53 PM
    I'm sure money can be found for this through a grant or foundation or corporate funding. First, do you have a mission statement and a business plan for this program? You will not be able to get free money without this. Has anything been done yet toward the program--are there horses, disabled riders, a means of acquiring riders, the type of disability you want to service, etc.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 27, 2011, 01:54 PM
    Why does it need to be covered, ( any more than anyone else's area,) or is this just so it can be available more days

Are you working with any of the groups that uses horse riding as a therapy for their illness.

What type of working capital do you have, there may actually be some grants to help with taxes and partial start up costs, but can you prove funding for 6 months to a year on a project?

Do you have investors, any backing from any of the disability groups.

What is your experience in horses, in teaching riding and in working with people with disabilities.

Have you looked for a grant writer, most groups that actually get grants will hire a professional grant writer to do the paper work for them

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Building a covered deck above a covered front porch [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying to improve the curb appeal and usefulness of our hangar home. We are planning to have a deck built above the covered front porch, and will replace the double windows (the set on the left on the 2nd floor in the front view) with French doors. Because this faces south and we are in...

Any motorcycle riders on this site? [ 12 Answers ]

The picture... ! V I was just wondering if anyone else that uses this site enjoys riding a motorcycle like I do? Any type at all... if there are a few maybe we'll even let somebody that rides a scooter participate, lol.

Sonic Riders help [ 1 Answers ]

AAAAAHHHHHHHH!! I CANNOT FOR THE LIFE OF ME BEAT THE LAST LEVEL OF THE FIRST SECTION OF THIS GAME!! ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!! :mad: I keep falling off the edge of the track. I need a cheat. A button combo, actually, cause I don't have a cheat device.:( and don't give me any tips for staying on...

Murray Riders [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Murray that was given to me, here is the info from the mower: On the mower body:-Garden Tractor 18hp/46" Industrial/Commercial Engine & on the Engine:-14 HP V-Twin OHV Vanguard Model#303777;Type-0032-03 (5349); Code-91020111. The problem I am having is that when we first started it...

View more questions Search