Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    annwen77 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 02:19 PM
    I miss my son.. Who calls me daddy
    I am going through a divorce, and would like to know if I legally have any rights or way to see or even just to talk to my ( yr old son. (non- biological). I have raised him since he was one. Any information you could offer would be a huge help.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Dec 24, 2011, 03:04 PM
    You could seek visitation as a significant influence in the child's life for the last 8 years.

Many courts will allow it if there is an absent father. And child support will be ordered.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Dec 25, 2011, 07:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by annwen77 View Post
    ... if I legally have any rights or way to see or even just to talk to my ( yr old son. (non- biological). ...
    Assuming you didn't adopt him, technically he would be, after the divorce, you ex-step-son. Normally, one does not have any legal rights with respect to a step-child. But yes, as others have indicated, if you ask for visitation you might be awarded it.
    Tarajio Posts: 19, Reputation: -6

Dec 25, 2011, 08:47 PM
    I don't know the law of your State.
    And.. I don't know if his biological Father plays any part in his life (which might be influencel).
    All you can do, is to try.
    Get a good, reputable, attorney - and see what can be done.
    A Judge, in a Court of Law, would make the decision... a lot of factors would make the determination.
    If you want this, do not let much time lapse - if you do, the legal folks may wonder why.
    Has his Mother refused you ? You need to know her reasons for doing so.
    You have a chance.. but it needs to be legal .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harassing calls to my son from ex-girlfriend & her mother. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi.. my son has been receiving harassing calls from ex-girlfriend & her mother at all hours of the night and day.. My son lived w/his ex & her mother for about 2 months when she decided she needed space and asked him to move out. So he moved back in with us.. now, she continues to call his cell...

A babysitter gets weird phone calls when she calls the police they tell her to get ou [ 2 Answers ]

I think I saw this in the early to mid 90s when a babysitter gets a weird phone calls she calls the police they call her back and tell her to get out of the house because the calls are coming from inside the home and when they finally show the killer he's is painted into the wall made to look like...

My son's ex wants her daughter to live with him (she calls him daddy) [ 3 Answers ]

My son's ex-girlfriend wants her daughter to live with my son in Maryland while she goes to another state to stay with family. This could be a just for the school year arrangement or it could end up being permanent. I don't think either one of them has money for an attorney. The child has only...

Does my ex's son still miss me [ 2 Answers ]

My ex fiancé broke up with me over 5 months ago. She has broken up with me at least 6 times in 5 years. On all break ups she has told me that her son missed me. This is the longest she has been gone. The longest break up was our second one which was a little over 3 months. I guess my question is do...

View more questions Search