Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saar1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2007, 05:18 AM
    Company won't send W2
    My son worked for a Canadian Company located in Pa. It is now Feb. 12 and still no W2. We have called 3 times and they keep saying he should get it but so far he hasn't. Supposedly it is being mailed from the main headquarters in Canada. Could someone please help. Thanks
    bkdaniels Posts: 140, Reputation: 12

Feb 12, 2007, 07:20 AM
    You should contact the IRS. You may be able to order the forms online, if not, you may call them and make your order.

Although it does take a while, sometimes, you may verify that the address is correct at the company he worked for. So many times, the forms are sent to previous addresses because companies do not update all information as they should.

However, when I had this problem, the company I worked for just asked me to send a self-addressed stamped envelope and request an additional copy. This is only one of your options, but I believe the IRS is a much more reliable source and can help you better.

Contact My Local Office Internationally

Hope this answers your question!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 12, 2007, 10:33 AM
    Everything bkdaniels recommended is valid, though it might be a bit early to call the IRS just yet.

Work with the company. Ask the to fax you a copy of the W-2.

You can file a fax copy of the W-2. All the IRS wants is the information. As long as the copy is legible, you can use it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Company Introduction Letter (B2B) for a HR services outsourcing company [ 10 Answers ]

How can I make a good company Introduction letter (B2B), for a HR outsourcing company? Please help me out with any free samples.

How to send a song through email. [ 7 Answers ]

I need assistance to send a song through an email. Can someone please assist me on doing so?:)

W-2, send to state? [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently doing the payroll taxes for my company, it is the first time. I know that I have to send a copy of the w-2s and w-3 to the Social Security Admin. but do I also have to send something to the State. I live in California. Thanks

Net send problem [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have a problem when I am sending a message via net send through cmd. Below is the error message. 'netsend' is not recognised as an internal or external command, operable command or batch file. I also have tried the following; 1 - net start messenger... still no luck

Stuff others send me [ 1 Answers ]

A little girl, dressed in her Sunday best, was running as fast as she could, trying not to be late for Bible class. As she ran she prayed, "Dear Lord, please don't let me be late! Dear Lord, please don't let me be late!" While she was running and praying, she tripped on a curb and...

View more questions Search