Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lashandra Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2011, 12:31 PM
    Crankshaft Clip
    We changed out my Crankshaft and Camshaft sensors on my 2006 Nissan Altima yesterday and when we were almost done we broke the green locking piece on the Crankshaft sensor. The Nissan dealership told me I have to replace the whole wiring harness but wouldn't give me much information because they suck. Can anyone tell me if I can buy this piece anywhere else or give me a part number for the Harness? Thanks!
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2011, 01:25 PM
    Try NAPA:

Part Number: BK 6001153
    Product Line: Balkamp
    $12.69

Personally, I would call the Nissan parts department and buy an OEM replacement and not have to splice wires--this is too nice of a car to start doing that to it.

Dec 24, 2011, 01:53 PM
    I looked it up and it's for ford and mercury not nissan :(
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2011, 03:33 PM
    Does the car run better now or was the connector too mangled to work properly?

Dec 24, 2011, 03:58 PM
    Oh it runs. My dad siliconed the piece on and my service engine light went off but if that wire falls off my car is going to shut down and I can't get in there to hook it back up.
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2011, 04:02 PM
    I agree. In my opinion, you need an exact OEM replacement part or equivalent--no splicing. It could be very dangerous to have the engine fail at 70 mph in the left lane during rush hour.

Was it tough for your dad to replace the Crankshaft Position Sensor? Did he do it from below?
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2011, 04:12 PM
    Call a local salvage yard.

Dec 26, 2011, 08:05 PM
    I want to try that but I'm not sure the exact part I need. Any ideas on what harness hooks up to the Crankshaft Sensor? I talked to Nissan today and the guy told me that I'm going to have a hard time finding just the end and I need to replace the harness.
    Uber Member

Dec 26, 2011, 08:12 PM
    I agree with the guy at Nissan that you will likely have to replace that portion of the harness. Still, the parts person at the salvage yard may be able to help you. Many of them are networked to other salvage yards to scour for parts. Go to the Yellow Pages and call several.

Can't the Nissan parts dept. sell you the harness?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to do if crankshaft is bent [ 1 Answers ]

What to do if crankshaft is bent

Measureing crankshaft [ 1 Answers ]

So I can use a caliper to measure the journals on a crankshaft

Crankshaft smoothing [ 1 Answers ]

If a crankshaft has scratches on the journal due to main an rod bearing wear,what could I use to make the journals smooth again. Thank you

Crankshaft Pully Bolt [ 5 Answers ]

Trying to loosen the crankshaft pulley bolt on a 87 Honda accord. Can't find away to hold the pulley and turn the bolt. Any help would be appreciated.

Crankshaft pulley removal [ 3 Answers ]

Well, I've decided to do a major service by myself and in my research, I found that the crankshaft pulley is a very difficult thing to remove. This is for a 95 civic DX SOHC. Napa autoparts does not have a tool for the job. I have seen some online, but am wondering what others recommend. Some...

View more questions Search