Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmcelroy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2011, 08:48 AM
    Domestic violence on parole
    My ex has been on parole after doing a nine month violation for attempted pimpin and pandering and just went to jail almost a year later for beating me up really bad. Police were called I went to the hospitol in an ambulance and they did take pictures. I didn't press charges but how much time would he be looking at? And he already has a violant crime on his record
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 23, 2011, 10:11 AM
    You do not press charges, the state does. I would say 3 years most likely, but hopefully it will be more. I am sure you would like it to be a long time for what he did to you.
    Just be sure to have no contact with him from this point on.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2011, 10:19 AM
    Where? Some of this depends on the State. For example, NY is VERY unforgiving.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 24, 2011, 01:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcelroy View Post
    My ex has been on parole after doing a nine month violation for attempted pimpin and pandering and just went to jail almost a year later for beating me up really bad. Police were called I went to the hospitol in an ambulance and they did take pictures. I didn't press charges but how much time would he be looking at? And he already has a violant crime on his record
    He should be sentenced to the max being a repeat offender and being violent on top of that. His presentence investigation report will bring up all his previous convictions and enable the judge to see his violent record. And just why would you NOT press charges on this guy? Doesn't matter as the state automataically picks up the case and will charge him anyway. Going to the hospital in an ambulance is quite serious and you need to remember he does not care about you one iota so why are you caring about him? You definitely need to show up in court so he is convicted and sent away so he can't do this to another woman in a big hurry.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What Domestic Violence? [ 5 Answers ]

I was just wondering, Me & my finacee got into a disagreement 2 months ago. He came home drunk with a friend, started being loud and I came out and asked him to be quiet (we have a 7 month old daughter) of course he wouldn't listen, so I pushed him, he pushed me back & we started yelling at each...

How much time will a person on parole get for violating 2nd time---domestic violence [ 3 Answers ]

He's a two time covicted felon in nys---on parole---threatened someone via text twice in a two minute perios--has a histroy of violence against women---currently on parole in nys---was violated last year for dirty urine---whats he facing?

Domestic violence charge while on parole. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a domestic violence victim. My ex boy friend who just got out of prison after doing ten years for manslaughter. Obstructed my air way when i was 14 wks pregnant with his child. While my 2 children were there. He is now on the run. How much time is he looking at

Domestic violence [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Tn and divorced my abusive husband 3 years ago after 33 years of terrible abuse. I have many pictures and hospital records to prove the abuse I suffer. Even though he was never arrested can I still go to court and prosecute him ?

View more questions Search