Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zhanewhite Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 07:55 PM
    Can someone please help me!
    I need some help I am trying to get my ged ,I live in chicago il,I went and just took the test to see if I would pass I didn't so I went to talk to a teacher at a college and he sugguest that I take ged classes at the college because I have been out of school for a long time that was in 2010,so after I finish my term I went and took the test and still didn't pass my scores was I pass the reading with 450,math 350,science 410,writing 345.I have set a goal for myself that I pass the ged test in 2012.I really need some one on one .I am in embrass because I am almost 40yrs old ,but they say that it is never to late to get a ged,I am a single mother with a child that has autsim and other medical problems SO PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME IWANT TO GET THIS DONE AND OVER WITH BY ARPIL 2012.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Dec 22, 2011, 08:18 PM
    Did you ask about getting a tutor? If paying one is a concern, there's probably a high school or community college student who would tutor you, maybe as an exchange thing -- a young mom who will tutor if you sit for her child once a week or a guy who will tutor if you bake him cookies and brownies now and then.

I'm in the Chicago suburbs and know libraries and community/city colleges have a GED learning program called "Learning Express Library." If I remember correctly, this can be used even at home. Check with your local library about this or another GED computer program, plus the library should have several study guides with sample tests (or buy one at a bookstore or from Amazon). The library may even have a list of tutors, or can suggest something. Call or visit the reference desk.

[For anyone reading this thread:

The standard scores for the GED tests range from a minimum of 200 to a maximum of 800 on each test. To pass, 60% is required. This translates to a score of at least 410 on each GED test to pass it, and an overall average score of 450 for the five-test battery. The score for any single test cannot be below 410, but if some are lower, other GED tests need to be well above 410 so that the scores for all five GED tests average out to at least 450.]
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2011, 08:34 PM
    There are often community GED prep at various civic centers, education centers and other places. And perhaps you need to take the GED course again, I know many people it takes several times

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search