Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CarolLM Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2011, 04:26 PM
    "Blower isn't kicking on"
    What should I look for if the furnace is coming on but the blower isn't? The small box has a red light flashing. The bigger box is flashing a green light, three flashes at a time.
    mygirlsdad77 Posts: 5,713, Reputation: 339
    Plumbing Expert

Dec 22, 2011, 05:19 PM
    Check for power to the motor, check the capacitor, and if you have a good cap and power to the fan, then you need a new motor. The blinks are most likely indicating an open limit, due to the furnace overheating because the blower is not running.

So, to sum up, if the blower has power, and the cap is good, then you need a new motor.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Intertherm Electric Furnace Blower works in "on" not in "auto" [ 6 Answers ]

I have an Intertherm Electric Furnace E2EB-015AH. I came home from work last night, turned the heat on and it didn't work as advertised. I could hear the relays clicking occasionally so I investigated a little and found the elements are heating up and cycling, the relay inside the thermostat cycles...

"Form" placed in "Microsoft Access" can be accessed from a "Button" in "VB.Net" App [ 1 Answers ]

Hi All, Actually, I'm not very well in programming but a task is assigned to me related to .Net. Basically, there is a database in Microsoft Access. I have made forms in it which are based on queries to retrieve required results. I have also made graph of it. Now, I have to merge this...

Blower runs on "ON", but not on "Auto" [ 3 Answers ]

Hello All, I have a Goodman COMBINATION HEATING AND COOLING OUTDOOR UNITS PG/PGX SERIES (100K BTU). It failed to warm the space. The fan would not run on “ON” or “Auto” mode. Upon investigating, there is no power to the unit due to 25 amps fuses blown. Replaced with new fuses. Power was...

View more questions Search