Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Blue Angel Posts: 266, Reputation: 51

Feb 11, 2007, 08:52 PM
    Does someone know the title of this movie?
    I remember seeing a movie about this guy who died, I think it was a car accident. After he dies he ends up in this place with other people who have passed away before they go onto heaven or hell. I think it's where they are judged based on the life they led. The people get to do different things like view their past lives and stuff. The guy meets some chick that he falls for but I think she is supposed to go to heaven because she led a good life and he was going to be sent back to live again because he wasted his life. That's about as much as I can remember, I'm not sure if it's all correct. I was pretty young when I saw this movie, it was in the early 90's. Please help.

Thanks.
    Pinkwater Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Feb 12, 2007, 03:43 PM
    There was a movie made in the 80's called "The Heavenly Kid". The guy dies in the movie in a car accident. He doesn't quite make it to heaven nor hell, because he gets a second chance on earth to save a teenage boy from dying in a similar fashion. The boy turns out to be the son of his high school sweetheart. The boy is suppose to be the only one on earth that is able to see him, but the mother(high school swetheart) is also able to see him. Things happen and I don't want to tell the entire story. It may or may not be the movie you're looking for. Check it out and see.

Feb 12, 2007, 09:34 PM
    Thank you, I'll check it out.
    fairy_hunt Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2007, 07:19 AM
    There was a movie made in the 80's called Made in Heaven starring Timothy Hutton - He plays a guys who runs away and the trip is going fine, until a car accident crosses in his way. An entire family has fallen to a river and they're trapped inside their car. In an heroic gesture, Mike dives in the river and he rescues all the family members, but unfortunately he dies drowned. He goes to heaven and he meets with his aunt, who is now a talented painter. After find some known people from his life in Earth, Mike meets with a beautiful woman, Annie (Kelly McGillis), a new soul which has never reincarnated before. Mike learns that he can reincarnate and return to Earth. But before that, he and Annie fall in love and get married. The problem is that Annie is very curious about Earth and some time later, she tells Mike that she wants to reincarnate in a baby. Mike's now very sad missing Annie and he wants to return to Earth and find her. He will make a deal with Emmet (Debra Winger), a kind of angel, in which Mike will have 30 years to find Annie, otherwise each one will have an unhappy life with other people. Annie in the 1960s has become a toy designer, named Ally, married with a filmmaker. Meanwhile, Mike is a quite disorientated kid, which tries everything, like being a painter, then a soldier, just to become later a musician. Many years pass, but it seems that Mike and Annie are having some difficulties to meet each other again.

Don't know if this correct movie but it's good caught the above from The Internet Movie Database (IMDb)
    billnutt Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Feb 14, 2007, 05:06 PM
    Your description sounds something like Albert Brooks' movie called DEFENDING YOUR LIFE, co-starring Meryl Streep as the girl he falls for and Rip Torn as his "case manager." Hope this helps.

Feb 15, 2007, 02:47 PM
    Thank you so much, that's the one I was looking for.
    billnutt Posts: 62, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2007, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Angel
    Thank you so much, that's the one I was looking for.
    Excellent! Glad I could be of help!

Bill
    valleyaggie Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 03:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Angel
    I remember seeing a movie about this guy who died, I think it was a car accident. After he dies he ends up in this place with other people who have passed away before they go onto heaven or hell. I think it's where they are judged based on the life they led. The people get to do different things like view their past lives and stuff. The guy meets some chick that he falls for but I think she is supposed to go to heaven because she led a good life and he was going to be sent back to live again because he wasted his life. That's about as much as I can remember, I'm not sure if it's all correct. I was pretty young when I saw this movie, it was in the early 90's. Please help.

Thanks.
    Defending Your Life

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Very Very Vague Description of 80's Children Movie... Need movie title [ 8 Answers ]

Ok there's probably no hope here but I'll try anyway... There is a movie I watched when I was very young and would like to get a hold of it. It was in the mid 80's when I watched it but the movie could have been made in the 70's sometime. Pretty much the only part I can remember is these...

Movie Title Help? 80's Movie? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello All. I need help with the title of a movie I remember from when I was younger. I think the movie was made in the 80's, but possibly early 90's. The main character was a man who came back to earth to help the son of a woman who he loved. She is now married and has a son in High School. I...

Need title to movie [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know the name of this movie, it has Lucille Ball in it when she was pretty old, I think it may have been her last movie. She was homeless, that's all I really recall.

What's this movie title? [ 1 Answers ]

This movie had William H Macy and Lauren Dunn or Laura Dunn, about a man and some glasses.

I need help with this movie title [ 3 Answers ]

I want to say this movie is from the 80's but it could go back into late 70s. All I can remember about the movie was that a group of kids, maybe a school class and their teachers are taken hostage/kidnapped by these guys that wear masks. A couple of the masks were Ronald Reagan, and then maybe a...

View more questions Search