Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kristina0812 Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 10:45 PM
    Select a natural number between 1 to 50. Square the digits and add. Repeat this proce
    Select a natural number between 1 to 50. Square the digits and add. Repeat this process until you see a pattern.
    What other numbers end with one?
    What happen if you do the process to number 37?
    What conclusion can you give?
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Dec 22, 2011, 07:12 AM
    Interesting. Did you try it with 37? What series do you get? It seems that all starting numbers yield a pattern that either (a) goes to a series of 1's or (b) goes to a series that continuously cycles the same pattern - I'll leave it to you to see what that repeating pattern is, but here's a hint: it starts with 89. I find that there are 11 numbers that end up going to 1. Obviously 1 is one such starting number, and so is 10, but there are 9 others that are less obvious.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Looking for a Model Number for a Murray Select 30' Riding Mower [ 0 Answers ]

I am looking for a Model number for this mower, its seems as though the label wore off prior to me acquiring the mower. If anyone has any direction as to where to acquire parts and a manual online as well that would be awesome!

A phone number consist of seven digits plus the area code. How many possible phone nu [ 4 Answers ]

A phone number consist of seven digits plus the area code. How many possible phone numbers can have the area code 229?

The sum of the digits of a two-digit number is 9. The tens digit is 3 less than the [ 1 Answers ]

Square of the units digit. Find the number.

What is the area of this square? Only give you the number 5 in and it is a square [ 2 Answers ]

I have a math problem what is the area of this square. There is a square and the only number given is 5 inches

How many 4 digits number formed of only odd digits are divisible by five [ 3 Answers ]

How many 4 digits number formed of only odd digits are divisible by five

View more questions Search