Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharonmoser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 11:21 AM
    Which states require a personal property eviction to be completed upon foreclosure ?
    I am looking for a list or site that has a list of states that require a personal property eviction when personals are left inside a property upon foreclosure.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 21, 2011, 01:02 PM
    Umm there is no such thing as a "personal property eviction". If a property is abandoned, then any property left in it can be disposed of.

Since the occupant of a foreclosed property has a minimum of 90 days to vacate, you may need to send a letter to their last know address stating that any belongings must be reclaimed by x date or they will be disposed of.
    sharonmoser Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 21, 2011, 01:18 PM
    I am in the property preservation business and there are several states that require by law an eviction of personal property before a property can be cleared of debris. What I am looking for is an official list of those states to use as documentation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Dec 21, 2011, 01:45 PM
    Well apparently there is something called personal property evictions:

http://www.housingwire.com/tag/perso...perty-eviction

But really it refers to abandoned property.

So here is a listing of state laws on abandoned property:

STATE LAWS ON LANDLORDS' TREATMENT OF ABANDONED PROPERTY

Even this refers to landlords, I believe the laws would cover the situation since someone who purchases a foreclosed property that is not already cleaned out would, effectively, become a landlord.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Personal property eviction laws for foreclosure in va [ 3 Answers ]

I am a realtor in va and was assigned a foreclosure home to sell. The property was still full of furnishings. I notified the bank and was told to have it trashed out. I hired a co. to perform this task for which the bank has paid this co. Now the owner has suddenly appeared and says that he wants...

Foreclosure/Eviction in VA [ 1 Answers ]

Unable to make repayment arrangement with mortgage company on the 4th. How long do I have to evict the premises? Do not want the sheriff to put a lock on the property with my pets inside. Heard that there was a law passed to allow up to 150 days, is this true?

Eviction of Personal Property? [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a house from an investor who bought the house out of foreclosure in the state of Va. The former owner who was being foreclosed on alleged that the first investor lied to her about being given the chance for a lease option. I posted a question on this portion of the story a few weeks ago....

United States Coming Foreclosure Soon! [ 1 Answers ]

Congressman Ron Paul Speaks the Truth (again) -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- According to Republican Congressman Ron Paul: "Congress reacted to Katrina in the expected irresponsible manner. It immediately appropriated over $60 billion with...

View more questions Search