Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 21, 2011, 06:53 AM
    Gmail nested labels.
    I am using the Labs feature "Nested Labels". I can easily add a new label to an email and "nest it" under another existing label...

But what I would like to do is go through current labels and assign them as nested under some other label.

I'm not finding the answer in the Help section for Gmail.

Do any of you know how to do it?

Thanks!
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Dec 22, 2011, 05:52 AM
    I think I know.

Click on the Settings "Gear". Select "Mail Settings", select "Labels", select "Edit" action for each label (one at a time), click the "Nest Label Under" box and select the parent label name from the dropdown menu.

Hope this works for you,
    WallyH
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Dec 22, 2011, 06:58 AM
    That worked. Thank you. I did not previously try the "Edit" link as I thought that it would only change the name of the label.

Thank you, Wally!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nested loop [ 1 Answers ]

How would I design a nested loop that displays 10 rows of # characters that should be 15 # characters in each row?

How to block gmail id because I forgot gmail id password ? [ 2 Answers ]

How to block my gmail id because I forgot gmail id password ?

How could I put 2 conditions with COUNT IF Function and NESTED IF in Excel model [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am a new member, I hope you could help me to complete my assignment tonight, I am stock with "Count IF" function in Microsoft Excel 2003 How could I write the function with this commands: Count if the Tax which is (E15) not equal to 0, then I want to use a nested if with these...

View more questions Search