Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kamariah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 20, 2011, 07:48 AM
    Cooking a leg of lamb
    I need to cook a leg of lamb but have no oven. I do have a steamer but this is too small for the leg to fit into. The leg is fairly large as it has to feed 14 people. I do have a hob and a grill.
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Dec 20, 2011, 08:16 AM
    You can cook lamb "low and slow" on the grill using an offset charcoal method. Temp should be about 250 and the lamb should not rest directly over the coals. You'll need a thermometer to check the internal temp. 160 F would be a nice medium temp. I'd rub it with something like rosemary, garlic, salt and olive oil. When it's close to done I'd wrap it with foil and add a liquid like red wine. Take it off the grill when it reaches your target temperature and leave foiled for a minimum of 15 minutes. You can play around with the spices to suit your tastes. This slow grilling and foiling method will produce a pretty tender result.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does jesus call himself the lamb of god [ 6 Answers ]

My teacher ask me that, why did Jesus call himself the lamb of god

Cooking lamb [ 3 Answers ]

How do I cook lamb shanks without a oven.

Frozen lamb [ 1 Answers ]

How long can you keep meat frozen before cooking ?

Lamb with lump [ 1 Answers ]

We recently had a lamb born, at 5 days old we noticed a lump,lower left side in front of leg where it joins the body About the size of 1/4 of an orange and it feels soft and watery inside. Any thoughts of what it could be?

Crowned Rack of Lamb [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have a great recipe for a Crowned Rack of Lamb? Want to cook this for hubby on Father's Day. Thanks

View more questions Search