Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tdwilson1968 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 04:50 PM
    Unusual Top of Foot Pain
    I am experiencing pain on the top of my left foot located just under my 2 smallest toes, maybe about an inch or so. I only experience the pain when walking barefoot and just for a few steps. After I've taken 5-6 steps the pain goes away. If I've been sitting a while and stand up to walk, the pain is worse but always goes away after a few steps. If I've just sat down and get right up again and start walking the pain is very light or isn't there at all. I don't feel the pain at all when wearing shoes (house shoes, tennis shoes, dress shoes, etc). I don't recall injuring the area. If I make a circle motion with my foot there is some poping in that foot that isn't as significant in my other foot. There is also no bruising or swelling or redness. When I press on the area it does not hurt either. Thank you for any insight.
    CliffARobinson Posts: 1,416, Reputation: 101
    Ultra Member

Mar 13, 2012, 12:28 PM
    Some of the possibilities for your foot pain:

Arthritis
    Bone spur
    Broken bones
    Plantar fasciitis
    Sprains
    Stress fracture
    Tendinitis
    Gout
    It sounds like a possible sprain or Tendinitis. There are lots of tendons in your foot that can be strained rather easily. The amount of stress we place on our feet every day, especially if we are overweight, is enormous.

Personally, I would take something like Motrin / Ibuprofen and I'd apply warm compress and cold compress, try to stay off it, keep it raised, and see how it goes. If anything changed for the worse, I would immediately see a doctor, and if it didn't improve at all in a few days, I'd go see a Doctor.

*This is my opinion and I am not a medical professional.
    Reference

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foot pain on side of foot [ 33 Answers ]

Was hoping someone could help. I have pain on the outside of my right foot. It is 1/2 way down the foot, it is tender to the touch and makes walking difficult.. Any ideas what it is? Thanks..

Foot pain [ 1 Answers ]

I Have Really Bad Right Side Foot Pain That Goes Up Into The Ankle. I Didn't Do Anything Like Fall Or Walk On It Funny. It Just All Of A Sudden Started Hurting. Should I Go See A Docter, It's Been 2 Days And Over The Counter Meds Help A Little But Not Enough To Keep Me On My Feet For A Long Time.

Pain in the foot [ 2 Answers ]

I recently injured my foot by kicking a paving stone about 2 weeks ago. I have experienced constant pain and swelling (no bruise) just behing my three little toes. It hurts while walking and resting, do you think I need to see someone about it or just keep going and ot should ease

Foot pain need help [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, I'm in marching band and I've done so for the past three years (this is my fourth) and I've never had problems with my feet it's always been my knees and sometimes ankles. However recently, I've been getting these sharp pains in the arch of my foot when I stand on the balls of my feet when I'm...

View more questions Search