Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    FriendofSonic Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2007, 04:38 PM
    Do I have to include these W2s when I file?
    I have a question. I have multiple W2s, two of which have no Federal or State tax withheld. My wages on them are 206 and 2893 dollars-- my other two W2s I made more money and taxes were then taken out. Why do my two W2s have no taxes withheld?
    Also, I did my taxes online at Taxslayer-- I calculated my return with those two W2s (I make 500 dollars and owe Arizona 125 dollars) and without those W2s (I make over 1,000 dollars and owe Arizona 30 dollars.)
    My main question would be if I can file without those two W2s which have no taxes withheld. Thanks.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 11, 2007, 05:56 PM
    Yes you have to include every and all W2 forms, we are not allowed to pick what you include, you have to include any and all income,

The reason you did not have any taxes taken out was your choice or withholdings, very seldom does my wife's income ever have any withholdings since she earns so little each week.

But it does not matter if taxes were held out or not, you have to include all W2/s the IRS gets a copy of all W2 income info from the employer so they already know of these earnings, if you don't report it, they will merely catch it, and latter come back to collect the extra money plus penalties and possible fines.

Feb 11, 2007, 08:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    Yes you have to include every and all W2 forms, we are not allowed to pick and choose what you include, you have to include any and all income,

The reason you did not have any taxes taken out was your choice or withholdings, very seldom does my wifes income ever have any withholdings since she earns so little each week.

But it does not matter if taxes were held out or not, you have to include all W2/s the IRS gets a copy of all W2 income info from the employer so they already know of these earnings, if you don't report it, they will merely catch it, and latter come back to collect the extra money plus penalties and possible fines.
    That's what I figured. However, I did wind up paying taxes for those two jobs. I'm mainly curious now as to why I made 2800 dollars with that one job, paid taxes, and now there's no tax listed as being withheld. Doesn't that adversely affect me? I didn't claim exempt or anything on that job.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 11, 2007, 10:34 PM
    Withholding normally does not start until you hit a certain level.

Feb 11, 2007, 10:38 PM
    Oh, I see. Thanks for the responses guys!
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 12, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Prices do not include T/L/F. [ 2 Answers ]

Prices do not include T/L/F. anyone knows what it means when you buying a car

Is this possible include a money laundry ? [ 2 Answers ]

I have a friend who works in a take away. His boss is trying to sell his take away shop. However, he find it difficult to sell the shop because he ask a high price. Now, the boss ask my friend to take a loan from the bank and to buy his shop. The procedure is like this: my friend is a chinese...

Php remote include [ 2 Answers ]

Hi why won't this code work have I done something wrong? Thanks <html> <head> <title>test</title> </head> <body>

F1 to H1B ,two W2s, less than 183 days in 2004 [ 1 Answers ]

I have a similar situation like him. I am from india. I was on F1 from Aug2002 to Oct 2004, on OPT from May 2004 to Oct 2004 and on H1 from Nov 1 2004. I earned approx. $5000 on F1 as a Graduate Research Assistant, $20,000 on OPT and $ 4000 on H1B with the same company as an OPT. I have received 2...

What not to include on a resume [ 0 Answers ]

Is it OK not to include on my resume a job that I had for 3 months which is not relevant to the position for which I'm applying? It was an entry level position that I took after my employer of 20 years went out of business. I took the job until I could find the job I really wanted because I...

View more questions Search